Published on August 29th, 2018
Ask a teenager about the differences between a crush and love and they will be clueless. Ask a person in their twenties about the difference, and they will probably mistake one feeling for the other too.
Then slightly later in life when one has gone through different emotional roller coasters, met many people, and has experienced different relationships, they might have an idea what the difference is.
Love is when you care very strongly and very deeply about another person. When you love someone, you are there to support them, you work together to solve problems, you’re willing to stand by this person in good times and bad, and you wish nothing more than to watch and help this person grow.
Crush has a few great things going for it too. Infatuation gives you goosebumps. It puts that silly smile on your face that you can’t seem to shake. It fills your mind with wonderful daydreams. And, of course, many love relationships start out as infatuation.
It all sounds so wonderful that we may not see the problem when infatuation is mistaken for love. But it’s a big problem, and that’s why it’s so important to understand the differences between love and infatuation. Here they are:
1. Love develops gradually over time. Infatuation occurs almost instantaneously.
2. Love is energizing. Infatuation is draining.
3. Love can last a long time. It becomes deeper and more powerful over time. Infatuation is powerful but short-lived.
4. Love is more than physical attraction. Infatuation focuses on the physical.
5. Love accepts the whole person, imperfections and all. Infatuation flourishes on perfection – you have an idealized image of your partner and you only show your partner your good side.
6. Loves survive arguments. Infatuation glosses over arguments.
7. Love improves your overall disposition. Infatuation brings out jealousy and obsessiveness. It causes you to neglect other relationships.
8. Love considers the other person. Infatuation is selfish.
9. Love comes in all shapes and sizes; crush comes in perfect measurements only!
10. Love is being in love with a person. Infatuation is being in love with love.
11. You skip a heartbeat when your crush enters the room; but when you are in love, it’s all so amazingly peaceful.
12. Crush is perfection personified; and the perfection has to do a whole lot with your perceptions.
13. Someone has rightly said, you see what you like in your crush, but in love, you like what you see in your love.
14. Love is long lasting; it can keep two people together for a lifetime. A crush is very short-lived; it wears out.
15. Love can be described as a feeling towards a person depending upon the relationship shared between two people. It can be love towards children, parents, a partner, or God. A crush is an infatuation; it refers only to the concept of being physically attracted to a person.
16. Love is considered a virtue; a crush might be considered a vice as it is a very innocent form of lust.
17. Love is about imperfections and crush is about perfection.
18. Crush is all Fantasies and admiration but love is acceptance.
19. Crush is when you have only seen good sides of a person.
20. Love is when you have known the person inside out, both strengths and weaknesses.
21. Love only involves Heart But Crush also involves Brain.
22. You can have a crush on many people at a time but you can only love one at a time.
23. Even if Hundreds thousands of people are around you and the person you love is not there with you, you will feel incomplete.
24. But if only your love is there and no one else is there with you even then you will feel delighted, contented and happy.
25. Thing is, it does not matter with how many opposite-sex friends you hangout or chit-chat but no one can replace that position in your heart as that is for love only.
26. Normally girls talk with many boys or if another way around many boys approach girls.
27. With Crush, you usually never think of spending whole life you just want a fling, but with love, you start imagining getting older with it.
28. You can feel happy, have fun, flirt with your crush but Your love will be the only one there in your mind 24*7.
29. Even after meeting your crush, the first thought that will come to your mind will be of your love.
30. Whenever you are very happy or very sad you will miss your love not crush.
31. You will immensely care, support your love in every situation but that serious feeling will be missing with crush.
32. Those boys are just like Entertainers(time pass) to girls Eventually whatever happens girl will go to the boy whom she loves.
33. A person can encounter many people in life who are better in any sense that the person they love but this is magic of love that those thing does not matter or changes the intensity of love as it is said Love is Blind.
34. You get the energy to Fight with the whole world for your love that type of sacrifice is missing with crush. You just feel happy seeing your love Happy.
35. Crush fluctuates, sometimes attraction increases sometimes decrease. But love is stable.. After a point of time Whatever good or bad happens its intensity does not change.
36. If love goes, you feel handicapped, your whole world seems to shatter but if crush goes nothing that much happens it can be replaced.
37. Crush is a choice and you may or may not pursue it; with love, you have no option but to just dive in.
38. Crushes are about temporary infatuation; love is about soul bonding.
39. You may have a crush on anyone but you cannot be in love with every second person you are so magnetically attracted to.
40. You skip a heartbeat when your crush enters the room; but when you are in love, it’s all so amazingly peaceful.
41. Crush is perfection personified; and the perfection has to do a whole lot with your perceptions.
42. A crush is an obsession; love is all about commitment – truckloads of it.
43. Crush is immature or temporary feelings, True Love hits hard.
44. Crush can change with time. Feelings were there for crush but you developed some other feeling for someone else too. Crush is changed now. You would freak out if she had any intimate relationship with anyone and you will take no time in ignoring her.
45. You feel something for her. You do not know what it is but you have feelings. You get goosebumps when she crosses your path.
46. Crush is easy to find and define, True LOVE is hard to find and define.
- 10 Must Ask Questions For The First Date
- 15 Signs Of A Truly Equal And Happy Relationship
- What Are Some Good Ways To Maintain A Healthy Relationship?
- How To Build Your Online Attraction – Easy Tips To Get You Noticed
- How To Solve Relationship Problems Without Breaking Up
- How Do You Know You’re In A Healthy Relationship?
- The 10 Do’s And Don’ts Of Long Distance Relationship!