Updated on November 6th, 2019
Cycling has emerged as one of the most popular and recreational sports which has surprisingly become very popular among all age groups. Cycling is something which is loved by people of different fitness levels and locations.
This is also a great sports choice for the outdoor as this not only takes care of your body but also takes care of the pollution levels as well. cycling reduces the pollution and helps to keep the surrounding area green.
Cycling is something which can be done anywhere and everywhere. Whether it is the beautiful breezy outdoors or the mountain trails or may be just simple running to get everyday work into place, cycling are a total love.
If you want to go for a comfortable cycling experience, then you don’t need to spend a hefty amount of money. This is the biggest pro with cycling. You don’t need to spend a lot on the expensive bike and gear.
Market is filled with a number of well built models at a much affordable pricing which are quite comfortable for your pocket and won’t be too pricey.
Ten of the women’s hybrid cycle models on Amazon have been taken for the research purpose. And thus the pros and cons of all the models have been taken into consideration.
Now, if all the models are compared and after paying a closer and critical look at the cycle models, sixthreezero EVRYjourney Women’s Step-Through Hybrid Cruiser Bicycle is one of the most definitive choice among all the other cycling models.
1. Sixthreezero Evry Journey Women’s Step-Through Bicycle
A classic hybrid cruiser made for maximum comfort, the evry journey women’s bike has a low center of gravity and foot-forward design that helps keep your back upright while maintaining proper leg extension for optimal pedaling.
With looks made for the beach and the gears to take you everywhere else, the sixthreezero evry journey is ready for anything – from hitting the trails at the crack of dawn to cruising the beach at the dusk.
The evry journey’s modern swooping aluminum frame is designed with foot-forward seat and pedal positioning, allowing riders of varying heights to stop and put feet flat on the ground. When at a full stop, you can stand over the seat and low swooping frame for easy mounting and dismounting.
- The bike comes in two sizes to fit a variety of women.
- It offers two different types of brakes depending on the rider’s preference and needs.
- The standover position and step-through frame style make it a comfortable bike for leisurely riding, as opposed to a more aggressive road bike frame.
- The fenders and chain guards keep clothes clean even in wet conditions.
- There is a rear rack for loading and plenty of room on the front handlebars for a basket.
I’m a 38 y/o mother of a toddler who was forced into a retirement on medical disability from my profession as a police officer. I suffered injuries that resulted in 5 knee surgeries through out my career but it was a car accident while 8 months pregnant that ruined me. I had a spinal fusion of L5/S1 months after giving birth.
Recovery has been brutal the past 2 years but I was recently rear ended AGAIN in another hit and run. So my doctor basically tells me that my only hope of getting better is between yoga, pilates or bike riding. I definitely invested the funnest of the 3 with this bike.
2. Raleigh Bikes Women’s Alysa 2 Fitness Hybrid Bike
If you love the idea of a lightweight road bike but prefer the stable handling of a mountain bike and the extra stopping power of disc brakes, the Raleigh Alysa 2 is
for you. This women’s bike makes a great city bike or commuter bike. The women’s specific bike frame is lightweight and durable with sizing that many women prefer over standard men’s sizing. This all-around fitness bike comes with wide 35c tires that are wider than standard road bike tires to provide extra traction.
The 700c wheels keep the ride quick and efficient while flat handlebars and sporty geometry make it stable and comfortable. Use it for putting in miles along the bike path, riding through the city on your way to work, and going everywhere in between. With full rack and fender mounts and strong double wall wheels, you’ll always be ready for your next two-wheeled adventure.
- This bike comes in four sizes for a variety of heights.
- It’s aluminum and extremely lightweight, which helps with speed and transport.
- The flat handlebars and wider wheels help with stability and control when taking the bike off-road.
- The disc brakes aren’t affected by wet weather conditions.
- The shifters and gears are high-quality and offer some variety for different inclines and terrain.
Love the disc brakes and smooth gears. This is the first fairly expensive bike I have ever bought and it sure is a big improvement over the ones from the big discount stores.
I did take it to a bike shop to have it assembled and they did an excellent job and only charged $50 to assemble. So I really got a great deal on this bike. Super quick delivery too!
3. Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bicycle
Schwinn mission has been to develop bicycles that allow people to experience the confidence and freedom that comes from riding a bike. Go wherever the road takes you with the Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bicycle.
This comfort/ hybrid bike, with an aluminum city frame, features anatomic grips with dual-density construction, a built-in rack, and a comfortable sport seat. Made with a Schwinn suspension fork and a Schwinn alloy crank, this hybrid bike integrates an adjustable stem with back sweep handlebar for even more rider comfort.
- The swept-back handlebars make it a comfortable bike to ride.
- It comes with a built-in rack.
- Reviewers found that it works well with trailers.
- The Shimano shifters are high-quality and the twist shifters are easy to use.
- The fenders keep your clothing and gear clean while riding.
I had not ridden a bicycle in many years. Doctor said I needed to exercise to lower triglycerides. I purchased this bike because I liked the options that came with it, such as a rear rack and fenders.
I used my 20yr service award from my employer to make the purchase. The bike looks great, but the wheels are too weak. The spokes were rubbing together which made an annoying sound. I used a Christmas gift card and purchased two new wheels that had 36 spokes.
4. Sixthreezero Pave N’ Trail Women’s Hybrid Road Bicycle
Handling both pavement and hard-packed trails while balancing comfort with performance, the sixthreezero Pave n’ Trail hybrid bike looks good and reduces vibrations with its Vibrazorb front suspension.
Featuring either a 7-speed or 21-speed Shimano gear system, the women’s Pave n’ Trail provides options for exercise rides and hilly terrain over trails and grass. This bike is sized for riders from 5 feet, 4 inches to 5 feet, 10 inches tall.
Clean and sleek, Pave n’ Trail features all black components from top to bottom for a simple yet sophisticated look. sixthreezero designed the bike for maximum body comfort during moderate adventure or exercise rides without compromising performance.
The frame and handlebar geometry are coordinated to alleviate pressure off the rider’s low back and shoulders, while the slim cut saddle’s dense compression comfort foam limits tailbone pain during and after rides.
- This bike comes in three fun colors that are big hits with the buyers.
- The Shimano shifters are high-quality.
- The suspension fork adds some shock absorption for more bumpy rides.
- The frame offers a more upright riding position than most road bikes.
- Assembly is fairly straightforward and easy.
Loving the color of this bike. My husband told me I need a hybrid bike so we could ride together, he wanted to make sure I could keep up. So he said I needed 21 speeds.
There’s a limited choice of women’s hybrids with that many speeds in good colors. But as always, Amazon has everything so I searched and found my teal beauty.
5. Schwinn Wayfarer 700c Women’s Hybrid Bike
The Schwinn Wayfarer hybrid bicycle is the perfect bike for cruising the neighborhood, bike path, or just going out for a leisurely ride. Equipped with a Schwinn steel retro city frame and fork, you’ll turn heads as you zoom down your favorite path in vintage style. The swept-back handlebars offer a stylish and upright riding position that’s easier on your back.
- The steel frame and fork are durable but not too heavy to handle.
- The colors are fun–though many reported they aren’t as bright as they look.
- The 7-speed shifters are enough for basic terrain needs without being too tricky for beginners.
- The rear rack offers a lot of storage space.
- The swept-back handlebars are comfortable for riding.
- Schwinn’s customer service was helpful in solving issues with missing or damaged parts.
I ordered this bike to ride to work (approx. 5 miles). I have not made the trip yet (hopefully I can start by the end of the week after I do a dry run tomorrow).
However, my biggest concern about the bike was ifnit would show up to my door in one piece. I read a few of the reveiws that stated their bike arrived damaged (not that these are not true), and that was not the case for my experience with this order.
The bike seemed very well secured with cardboard and zip ties. I did the general assembly in less than an hour with only a small 32 in 1 tool I ordered the same day.
6. Retrospec Critical Cycles Barron 21 Speed Lady’s Hybrid Bike
Not all roads are created equal, which is why we designed the Barron to conquer them all. Engineered to quickly adapt to any surface, whether cycling through the manhole covered city streets, trekking up steep hills, or taking a casual ride down your local bike trail, the Barron was built to ensure you arrive with ease.
A lightweight aluminum frame provides strength and agility while its Zoom suspension fork absorbs the shock of the road, ensuring an enjoyable ride. The Barron’s upright handlebars add a level of comfort by allowing for a more natural and relaxed riding position.
- The shifters are high-quality Shimano brand.
- The step-thru frame makes it an easy bike to mount and dismount.
- The upright handlebars make riding more comfortable for beginners or relaxed riders.
- A kickstand is included with the bike.
- This bike comes in three sizes for a perfect fit.
After searching and trying 6 different bikes,cheaper bikes, expensive folding bikes, mountain and comfort bikes, I bought this one. It’s beautiful, well built, comfortable and easy to ride. The kick stand…yes! it comes with one!…is conveniently mounted towards the back.
There is no toe overlap! It’s a little lighter to lift than the other bikes, but does not have a quick release front tire so I’ll need a bike rack for the car. I’m a senior, and will be causally riding it on pavement.
7. Vilano Women’s Hybrid Bike
The Vilano Hybrid City Bike is the perfect bike for the daily commute, campus and city riding. Ride upright with the classic-look hybrid/cruiser handlebars.
The matching suspension saddle and comfortable grips are stylish. A spring loaded rear rack will hold plenty of cargo. Front and rear fenders have spash guards.
- The steel frame is sturdy for both the weight put on the bike and the pressures from the road.
- The upright riding position will be more comfortable than the typical road bike.
- A kickstand is included with the bike.
- The wheels are wide enough to handle both road and rougher paths.
- Fenders help keep the rider clean during use.
- It includes a rear rack and water bottle mount.
I love this bike! It was a great price compared to other hybrids on the market and super cute to boot. It came in the expected time frame and while a brake piece was damaged in shipping, it was easy for my local bike shop guy to replace (when I paid him to assemble it for me, which I highly recommend) and CyclingForLess was very gracious and prompt about sending replacement parts and resolving my concerns.
- The bike has a lightweight, aluminum frame.
- It has a high-quality Shimano drivetrain with 21-speeds to choose from.
- The colors of the bike are stylish.
- The comfort-ride handlebars offer a more relaxed ride.
8. Kent Northwoods Springdale Women’s Hybrid Bicycle
Designed for recreational use and around-town commuting, The 700C Kent Springdale hybrid bicycle features a hand-crafted, lightweight 6061 aluminium frame and 60mm travel front suspension fork for a comfortable ride on a variety of road surfaces.
This well thought out hybrid bicycle is equipped with 21 speeds to suit any terrain up and down hills and has linear pull brakes for confident stopping power. Additional details include 36 spoke double wall alloy rims, an alloy quick release seat clamp, a rear rack, and front and rear fenders. Available in men’s and Women’s styles.
I was initially nervous about purchasing this bike especially after reading reviews about the difficulty of installation. I decided that it was going to be worth the extra money to have it professionally installed since this bike has everything I wanted.
Well, when I received the bike (which was late by a day of the expected 2-day delivery, but oh well), I wanted to see how difficult it could possibly be. Let’s just put it this way – some parts were challenging because the instructions are useless, however, with a little common sense, and maybe Google, it’s not impossible.
9. Retrospec Venus Dutch Step-Thru City Comfort Hybrid Bik
Venus Step-Thru city bike is out of this world. These are built around our hand-built and shock-absorbing steel frame and made the complete commuting package with best of the best components and drivetrains. Durable, reliable, and versatile, this is the bike for year-round riding.
Its classic shape and retro features, like metal fenders, a chrome head light, and brown vegan leather grips, will make you want to forego all other modes of transportation.
- The steel frame is sturdy and strong.
- The bike comes in a variety of speeds, colors, and sizes.
- The 3- and 7-speed bikes have high-quality Shimano components.
- The bike is equipped with Kendra tires.
- The step-thru frame and upright handlebars make it comfortable to ride.
I absolutely love this bike. It’s so cute and retro. When I initially received it I didn’t think I was going to be able to put it together. I was going to just take the box to the bike shop and have them do it; however, my mom’s boyfriend helped me out, and it was a lot easier to do than I though. I totally could’ve done it by myself.
After unboxing, I seen that it had a little paint damage but I decided to keep it because it’s not really in a noticeable area. Also, one of the rods on the front fender was a bit off, but once we assembled everything I seen it was not going to interfere with the performance of the bike, you can’t even tell anymore.
10. Gama Bikes Women’s Metropole
Don’t be fooled by the metropole’s easy, classic charm. This is a performance bike with a classic city bike soul. This bike utilizes gama’s timeless frame design, it is outfitted with fast rolling 700C tires, and the ultra-versatile 8-speed shimano drivetrain. Call it a hybrid bike, commuter bike, urban bike, or a beach cruiser.
The bottom line is that this lightweight alloy frame is quicker on the road, easier to carry up the stairs, and you’ll never see a spot of rust. All of this adds up to a bike that is exactly what you need it to be. Quick, light, and ready to take you wherever you’re going.
- The aluminum frame is lightweight for both speed and transporting.
- The Shimano Altus 8-speed trigger shifters are easy to use and well-made.
- The step-thru frame and upright handlebars make this a comfy ride for beginners and those with limited mobility.
- It comes with a lot of accessories like a rear rack, basket, kickstand, and bell.
Very nice bike. My wife loves the color, very light and very good components. Compared to the other bicycles we saw for the price this one had an aluminum frame so we choose this one.Inside the box everything fine all parts there and no visible scratches. front wheel, front fender, handlebar, and seat comes unassembled.
It took me like 2 hours to assemble everything and around 30 minutes to adjust the brakes, the gears in this one where adjusted. The Kickstand had an incorrect angle so I had to bent it a bit so the bike stays standing.