The trailer of Thugs of Hindostan will be released today, September 27!
The countdown for the release of what we can call the biggest Bollywood razzmatazz of the year has begun. Yes, you are right! We are talking about Thugs Of Hindostan, which is beyond doubt the most anticipated film of the year as it marks the coming together of Shenshah of Bollywood, Mr. Amitabh Bachchan and the Perfectionist, Aamir Khan for the first time.
To mark the birth anniversary of iconic filmmaker Yash Chopra, Yash Raj Films has decided to treat movie buffs with a sneak peek into the epic-adventure drama, the trailer of Thugs of Hindostan will be released today.
Yash Chopra, the passionate filmmaker, a legend who created masterpieces that have carved a special place in our hearts.
— Yash Raj Films (@yrf) September 26, 2018
Since all Bollywood movie buffs waiting with bated breath the launch of the trailer, let’s find out some intersting facts about the film, Thugs of Hindostan
1. The action-adventure film is said to be inspired by the thug culture in 19th century India. Its narrative is derived from Phillip Meadows Taylor’s tome, Confessions of a Thug.
When published in the year 1839, this book supposed to have taken the English reading population by storm. It was considered a huge success, even become a favourite book of the Queen of England.
2. The novel revolved around the exploits of the dreaded thug, Ameer Ali, who boasts of committing 719 murders in his lifetime. Ameer’s character was based on one notorious Thug, who was captured by the British and later turned himself as an approver and informer.
3. Thugs of Hindostan will have pirates in the narrative and the times when they were popular. So the movie might take a leaf out of Hollywood flick Pirates of Caribbean’s book which will see Aamir Khan playing one of the pirates, named Firangi, loosely based on Ameer Ali of Confessions of a Thug.
4. Regarding his character in the film, Aamir Khan said “I’m playing a character who cannot be trusted at all, very opposite of Dangal. He’s a very slippery character. He has no scruples at all – for money he can sell his mother out.
He’s like that.” However, Dangal actor has also revealed that it is an interesting character to play. He has added, “But (the character) is a very entertaining guy. So it’s a very entertaining kind of a film. No message this time. Just have a good time”
5. Hrithik Roshan was the first choice for the lead role, due to dates problem, they picked Aamir Khan
6. Thugs of Hindostan has remained to be one of the most ambitious films of Yash Raj Films in recent times. is not just the biggest film for YRF, it is the biggest film of Bollywood. Since the day producer Aditya Chopra , director Vijay Krishna Acharya and superstar Aamir Khan decided that they would collaborate on Thugs of Hindostan, they decided that they would make Thugs the biggest visual extravaganza of all time.
Adi launched YRF’s VFX company called YFX in 2016 to start working on Thugs YFX was formed to do the pre-visualization work for Thugs but in the interim, the company worked on Sultan and Tiger Zinda Hai. Both boasted of high-value visual effects and YFX achieved global standards.
The success of Sultan and Tiger Zinda Hai gave confidence to Adi that YFX could take on the mammoth task they had at hand with Thugs. It will be a visual event like never before in Indian cinema,” the source says.
7. The makers have constructed two massive ships for the film, weighing two lakh kilos each. A source close to the film spoke about the same to the leading daily.
The source stated, “Since sea and ships play an integral part in the plot, Aamir (Khan) as well as (producer) Aditya Chopra were sure that they would go all out to present the biggest spectacle that Hindi cinema has ever witnessed.
The film’s budgets are yet to be ascertained, but the cost for the two ships easily runs into several crores.” The source further added, “It took over a year to build these two ships off the coast of Malta (in Europe).
Director Viktor (Vijay Krishna Acharya) wanted to go the whole hog in terms of scale and create a huge visual experience. Authenticity and aesthetics have both been kept in mind given the fact that it’s a period film.”
8. There are reports within the trade that this is the costliest Bollywood film made till date and the scale of the film will take everyone by surprise. With an estimated budget of 210 crores, Thugs of Hindostan may turn out to be the most expensive Bollywood movie of all time.
9. Thugs of Hindostan will release across the country in IMAX Format. Thugs of Hindostan will release across the country in IMAX Format.
Image sources: Filmfare
Related Article :
After revealing the looks of Thugs of Hindostan’s lead actors — Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Katrina Kaif and Fatima Sana Shaikh — finally, a poster of the film has been released online. And It’s Super Exciting! Shared by Yash Raj Films, the new Thugs of Hindostan poster features all four actors as they battle it out. As per the tweet, Thugs of Hindostan will reveal its trailer on September 27 on Yash Chopra’s birth anniversary. Read Full Article Here…