Many people believe that long distance relationships are never going to work out. Your family may discourage it, and some of your best friends may advise you not to take it too seriously, in case you get your heart broken.
Nobody says it is going to be easy.
Long-distance relationship may be tough but it has its own surprises too. To keep your love alive and strong, here are the 18 tips to make your long distance relationship work:
1. Avoid excessive communication.
2. Set some ground rules to manage your expectations.
3. Try to communicate regularly, and creatively.
4. Talk dirty to each other.
5. Avoid “dangerous” situations.
6. Do things together.
7. Do similar things.
8. Make visits to each other.
9. Have a goal in mind.
10. Enjoy your alone time and your time with your friends and family.
11. Stay honest with each other.
12. Know each other’s schedules.
13. Keep track of each other’s social media activities.
14. Gift a personal object for the other person to hold on to.
15. Stay positive.
16. Keep each other updated on each other’s friends and family.
17. Video-call whenever possible.
18. Give each other pet names.
The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.― C.G. Jung