July 17th, 2017 | Updated on October 18th, 2022
No one’s ever said that long distance relationships are easy, but the distance doesn’t have to ruin your relationship either. With the right commitment and communication, long distance relationships can actually be more stable than geographically close relationships. Simple adjustments to your attitude and lifestyle can help you keep your loved one in your life.
That’s not to say that long distance relationships are IMPOSSIBLE either. What they really take is commitment, communication, and consistency. If you can follow these few simple steps, you can make your long distance relationship work, and work well.
If you’re in a long distance relationship, you should also check out Long Distance Relationship Quotes, How To Maintain A Long Distance Relationship, Creative Ways To Maintain Long Distance Relationship, 18 Ways To Make A Long Distance Relationship Exciting, The 10 Do’s And Don’ts Of Long Distance Relationship!, and How To Keep A Long-Distance Relationship Strong.
Here are different ways to keep your long distance relationship energizing, regardless of where you are.
1. Always set up side funds, especially for those moments when you definitely need to visit your partner in times of distress.
2. Understand that sometimes you need to just DROP EVERYTHING so you can talk with your partner.
3. Call them when you’re drunk because it’s really-really cute and endearing.
4. Understand that love can be all about timing, but that you both are tenacious enough to control the clock.
5. Make BIG relationship decisions IN PERSON.
6. Be brutally honest if this is something you cannot do and why.
7. Take a ton of pictures when you’re together so you’ll be able to reflect on all the good times you have when you’re together.
8. Read a ton of sex books so you can have different moves when you visit.
9. If you have roommates, be considerate when you talk with your partner: be aware of the people affect outside your relationship.
10. Do a weekly computer checkup for viruses on your computer: you only want you two looking at each other’s webcam.
11. Watch each other change from their birthday outfit to their workday outfit in the morning.
12. Understand weekends will be the toughest to handle out of the week: be prepared.
13. Be open if you’re uncomfortable with someone they hang out with.
14. Being in an open-relationship is usually NOT the best option for an LDR.
15. Interact and still flirt with random people so you can still be on your game.
16. Stay social with your friends so you don’t transform into a boring person.
17. Seriously, BE OKAY WITH PERIOD SEX.
18. Work out a lot and stay healthy so they can crave you even more.
19. Have a monthly discussion to see the kinks you can work out in your long distance relationship.
20. Save up so you both can travel to a distant place for a vacation.
Let’s find out what other people have to say about a Long Distance Relationship:
Compared to a normal relationship? Not a lot, besides some practical things. Communication and trust are core-values, but they would be the same in a short-distance one. Read More… By Jan-Pieter Zoutewelle
I’m going to be candid: LDR’s are really, really difficult, and not for everyone. That being said, I don’t presume to have all the answers, but here’s what’s worked for me. Commitment: If you’re going to be separated for a long or indefinite amount of time, you need to be very commited from the start. If you’re at all on the fence about it, a casual crush on someone local could be fatal to the relationship. I don’t know about you, but it’s a major turn-on when the person I like is, you know, within 100 miles of myself. Call me kinky. Read More… By Bean-28
If you really love him, there is no point in breaking up. I am in a long distance relationship since 5 years now, and even today I don’t know whether we will be together or not – and if yes, then when? I don’t know. But I am not breaking up. There are tough times in every relationship, tomorrow if you marry someone who becomes a marine or army officer and is deployed at the borders, away from home, and has to stay away from you for months, will you divorce him then? No, right? Then why do you want to breakup now? Just because some distance came in between? Distance is good! It gives you personal space and independence and ‘tests’ your love for each other. Read More… By Mehek Bassi
Communication. Understanding. Persistence. I had on when I was 16. It dramatically changed my mindset on what was going on in my life. For one, I had that teenage anger and view of everything sucking and was fueled of course by hormones and ignorance. I also had intense feelings for him which doesn’t happen to me at all. It takes me a long time to get attached to anyone. Thought it was funny that the one time it does happen, it’s an 8 hour away relationship. Read More… By Jessica Johnson
Four ways to manage a long distance relationship. Several people who are in a relationship, find themselves separated by various circumstances which brings distance. This separation normally serves as threat to their relationship. In the process of time, feelings of love towards your lover will begin to dwindle which could result to break in courtship. If you are in distant courtship or you are looking for how to handle yours, in order not to get your heart broken, you need to read and study the items listed. Read More… By Ojo David Oluwasegun
Oh sweetie – that’s so sad. I feel for you and your heart ache. Options are limited but here’s what I see…Of course the “easiest” solution is to break it off, but you knew that and don’t want that. The good news is he’ll be 18 in a bit over 7 months so that’s not too bad. With the internet and cell phones you could very well keep a long distance relationship especially knowing it is less than a year before you reunite. However, he should be making moves on his end – like getting a job and saving money – so that he can possibly move back and support himself come July. I believe there are transitional programs that could also help him get on his feet when the time comes. Read More… By Jaime Mackey
First you need to figure out if you’re okay with a long distance relationship, i.e. whether you’ll be able to handle the ups and downs that come in its wake. That being said, keeping communication channels open. Thanks to technology, we’ve got the social networking sites watching our backs (no negative connotations! 🙂 ). Skype is also pretty good and with a little bit of planning and research telephonic conversations can also become easy. Read More… By Imon Goswami
Long distance relationships (LDR) require a lot of effort to keep the relationship going. That said, it’s not a difficult thing to maintain a LDR. I read an article which sums up everything I want to say. You can read it here: How to Survive a Long-Distance Relationship. Read More… By Ian Carter
Should you ever require the services of a hacker, i implore you to try your very best to hire only professionals. . i was able to hire the services of an elite, asides the fact that i was provided a permanent solution to the service he rendered me, but he gave a very efficient customer experience. he carried me along with every process and didnt leave me in the dark. Read More… By Bernadette Valer
According to me long distance relationship not work so far but yeah if someone is in Long distance relationship both should have love n trust cause in STD or ISD relationship you cannot meet up frequently solve yours problem to get over it….. In every relationship one thing must be strong it can be love, bonding, mutual understanding, trust an all. Read More… By Divya Singh
Want more such posts to express your emotions, thoughts, and feelings? Check out…
- 100 Best Inspiring Romantic Love Quotes For Her And Him
- 101 Cute Love Quotes For Your Boyfriend To Spice Up Your Love-life
- What Are Some Good Cute Love Quotes For A Girl?
- 101 Sweet And Cute Love Quotes For Her For All Occasions
- 51 Best Short Cute Love Quotes For Him And Her
- What Is The Cutest Love Quote That You Have Ever Found?
- What Are Some Of The Most Romantic Quotes?
- 75+ Best Short Cute Love Quotes For Him And Her
- 101 Love Quotes That Only Introverts Will Get
- 101 Love Quotes For Him That Will Bring You Both Closer