June 21st, 2018 | Updated on April 12th, 2021
Yoga is a Hindu spiritual and ascetic discipline which includes breath control, meditation, and flexible bodily postures.
It is widely practised and beneficial for health and relaxation. Yoga has its origin in India. International Day of Yoga is a yoga day celebrated on 21 June annually. Yoga main aim is to transform body and mind, physically, mentally and spiritually.
Yoga is chock-full of inspirational words and wise advice. Here, a 30 quotes on yoga , practice, and the path to turn to in moments calling for renewed motivation.
1. The soul is here for its own joy.
2. Yoga is the stilling of the fluctuations of the mind.
3. Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.
4. To perform every action artfully is yoga.
5. Here and now is where yoga begins.
6. Self-discipline, self-study, and devotion are yoga in the form of action.
7. Once you’re in touch with the life force around us, its natural ti want to help keep it around.
8. Why do we need money beyond a point? If we are free of ill health, enmity, and debt, is that not enough? Too much money only leads to less peace.
You May Also Like 16 Perfect Reasons Why Yoga Pants Are Best Invention
9. Where is the delusion when truth is known? Where is the disease when the mind is clear? Where is death when the Breath is controlled? Therefore surrender to Yoga.
10. No one is wise by birth, for wisdom results from one own’s efforts.
11. Rid your body of its impurities, let your speech be true and sweet, feel friendship for the world, and with humility seek wealth and knowledge.
12. In the practice of Yoga one can emphasize the body, the mind or the self and hence the effort can never be fruitless.
13. Master your breath, let the self be in bliss, contemplate on the sublime within you.
14. Yoga is 99 percent practice and one percent theory.
15. Do your practice and all is coming.
16. The quality of our breath expresses our inner feelings.
17. The ultimate goal of yoga is to always observe things accurately, and therefore never act in a way that will make us regret our actions later.
18. Have only love in your heart for others. The more you see the good in them, the more you will establish good in yourself.
19. The more you meditate, the more helpful you can be to others, and the more deeply you will be in tune with God.
20. True happiness is when the love that is within us finds expression in external activities.
21. A photographer gets people to pose for him. A yoga instructor gets people to pose for themselves.
22. The body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for the soul to reside in.
You May Also Like 7 Yoga Poses To Reduce Hypertension Naturally
23. The practice of Yoga brings us face to face with the extraordinary complexity of our own being.
24. The attitude of gratitude is the highest yoga.
25. By our stumbling the world is perfected.
26. Feel good, be good, and do good.
27. Live in the present, forget the past. Give up hopes of future.
28. This world is your body. This world is a great school, This world is your silent teacher.
29. Put you heart, mind, intellect and soul even into your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.