March 5th, 2020 | Updated on June 28th, 2022
For a graphic designer getting the right inspiration to do things can be slightly tough. Sometimes even famous graphic designers get stuck in the rut and are unable to decide how to move ahead. At such times creativity quotes can really push the brain out of the shackles.
We understood the concern and are putting together a list of some of the best quotes ever. These design quotes have been selected from a wide range and are sure to get your brain cells ticking.
Not only that you may also want to read these quotes about creativity and apply them to your work. Go through these amazing graphic design quotes and let your amazing creativity unfurl again.
1. “Good design is good business.” –Thomas Watson Jr., Businessman, Second President Of IBM
2. “People ignore designs that ignore people.” –Frank Chimero, Ramona, Business Analyst At Nexstream SDN BHD
3. “Have no fear of perfection — you’ll never reach it.” –Salvador Dali, Artist
4. “Design is as much an act of spacing as an act of marking.” –Ellen Lupton, Designer And Educator
5. “Design is the intermediary between information and understanding.” –Hans Hoffman, Artist And Teacher
6. “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” –Leonardo da Vinci, Pedro Pinto Coelho Gil, Designer And Creative Strategist At Pacsis
7. “Design can be art. Design can be aesthetics. Design is so simple, that’s why it is so complicated.” –Paul Rand, Graphic Designer
8. “Designers are meant to be loved, not to be understood.” –Margaret Oscar, Designer
9. “Design can be art. Design can be simple. That’s why it’s so complicated.” –Paul Rand , Bojan Kocijan, UX/UI Designer At Conda
10. “Design is intelligence made visible.” –Alina Wheeler, Author
11. “Leave it better than you found it.” –Bruce A. Nordstrom, Aleksandr Hvorostyany, Designer At Funkytag
12. “Digital design is like painting, except the paint never dries.” -Neville Brody ,Steffenee Miller, Web Designer At Digital Resource
13. “Accessible design is good design.” –Steve Ballmer, American Businessman And Former CEO Af Microsoft
14. “Get rid of everything that is not essential to making a point.” –Christoph Niemann, Bill Lord, Creative Technologist At Mad*Po
15. “Design creates culture. Culture shapes values. Values determine the future.” –Robert L. Peters, Designer And Author
16. “Live in the leading—the spaces in between the rules.” –Dani Cowles, Graphic Designer At HES
17. “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” –Steve Jobs, Co-Founder Of Apple, Inc.
18. “Everything is designed. Few things are designed well.” –Brian Reed, Front-End Developer And Musician
19. “Creativity is nothing but a mind set free.” –Torrie T. Asai, Akanse A. Anago, Graphic Designer
20. “Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does.” –David Carson, Davide Rotta, Graphic Designer At Matrix Internet
21. “Creativity is nothing but the way to solve new problems.” –Diana Santos, Product Strategist And Manager at Intelia
22. “Design is not a single object or dimension. Design is messy and complex.” –Natasha Jen, Designer And Educator
23. “Whitespace is like air: it is necessary for design to breathe.” –Wojciech Zieliński, Jeffrey Geleijn, Visual/Motion Designer At Unc Inc.
24. “Design is a formal response to a strategic question.” –Mariona Lopez, Business Owner
25. “Good design is like a refrigerator—when it works, no one notices, but when it doesn’t, it sure stinks.” –Damian Jolley, UI Designer
26. “Design adds value faster than it adds costs.” –Joel Spolsky, Web Programmer, Writer, And Creator Of Trello
27. “Every great design begins with an even better story.” –Lorinda Mamo, Designer
28. “The function of design is letting design function.” –Micha Commeren, Designer
29. “Creativity is a highfalutin word for the work I have to do between now and Tuesday.” –Ray Kroc, Jevon Young, Content/UX Ogre At CleverOgre
30. “Make it simple, but significant.” –Don Draper, Łukasz Łukasiewicz, Designer
31. “Design transcends agenda. It speaks to the politics of optimism.” –Paul Bennett, Alicia Kranjc, Product Development Associate, NowPow
32. “Look at usual things with unusual eyes.” –Vico Magistretti, Giorgio Laboratore, Owner Of Studio Lido
33. “Art is anything you can get away with.” –Marshal McLuhan, John Lyttle, Senior Graphic Designer At Lester Communications
34. “Where you innovate, how you innovate, and what you innovate are design problems.” –Tim Brown, CEO And President Of IDEO
35. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” –Maya Angelou, Author, Poet, Civil Rights activist