Published on September 17th, 2018
A lot of people have diabetes that they do not know they have. Although they may show symptoms, they tend to brush them aside.
The fact is symptoms of diabetes should be taken seriously. The following article will discuss some of these symptoms that you should recognize.
1. Almonds are full of protein and can help regulate the release of glucose. Almonds, and a lot of other nuts for that matter, are very high in protein and fiber, and they contain zero sugars.
If you have to go to the bathroom a lot, that can a symptom of diabetes. When your body has extra glucose, your kidneys work doubly hard to rid the extra glucose from your blood.
That creates more urine, and that is why you urinate frequently. If you feel thirsty all the time, that is because your body is telling you to hydrate it after it lost all that water from frequent urination.
2. Experiment with alternative sources of protein such as eggs and tofu instead of just eating meat. Change it up often to give your mouth a treat.
Check your weight. Do you notice a weight loss over the past couple of months without any excess activity? The weight loss could range between ten to twenty pounds.
The imbalance of insulin is not getting the glucose from the blood into the cells. Glucose is the cells’ fuel. When the body thinks that the cells have no fuel, it begins to break down the protein in your muscles.
Your muscles lose mass and results in weight loss.
3. It will be hard if your child is diagnosed with diabetes but bear with it. Since diabetes is such a common disease, there are many available treatments to help your child enjoy a normal lifespan.
Another symptom of diabetes is excessive hunger. This is caused by the sharp rise and fall in the glucose levels. Whenever your sugar level drops, your body is fooled into thinking that it needs food.
4. Managing your everyday life in an orderly and consistent manner can make it flow with more ease. For example, put your meter and insulin in the same place every night to make it easy to find in the morning.
Diabetes can make you feel tired all the time. High amount of glucose in the blood means less glucose in the cells, providing no fuel for them. Needing to get up several times in the middle of the night to urinate can make you feel tired.
5. Nowadays people with diabetes are everywhere. Your daily life will be less stressful if you disregard the tendency to feel ashamed of your condition.
Diabetes can cause skin problems. Itchy skin can result from poor circulation. If you also notice that the skin around your neck or armpits have darkened, that can be a sign of insulin resistance.
6. If you want to add a nutritious touch to your salad, throw in some walnuts! Walnuts contain monounsaturated fats. These fats are great at helping to control diabetes.
When the blood sugar is high, it affects the shape of your eye and the lens. That can result in distorted and blurry vision. Usually, when the blood sugar level is brought down, these vision problems go away. However, if you ignore these vision problems, the excessive glucose can cause permanent to your eyes.
7. If you are hypoglycemic, you should always have gum or some other type of sugary food handy. You never know when you will feel the onset of an attack so it is important to always be prepared.
Another sign is bruising and cuts that take a very long time to heal. The excess glucose in your blood damages the blood vessels as it goes through the arteries and veins. This hinders the blood from getting to the place of injury to start the healing process.
8. If you’re not sure how you can afford your diabetes medications, try looking at online pharmacies. Sometimes they will even deliver for you each month.
When you have diabetes, your immune system is suppressed. That means you are vulnerable to many types of infections.
In women, this can lead to a higher risk of developing a yeast infection, which is a fungal infection. Bacteria and fungi like an environment with a lot of glucose. So watch for those signs.