March 19th, 2019 | Updated on June 24th, 2019
ID cards have turned into an extremely crucial component in businesses and offices thereby making it probable in simplifying visitor and employee identification along with enhancing the security and integrity of the company.
Typically, it comprises of the name, job title, department, and photo of the employee which makes prompt identification. With advancements in technology, ID cards today are used in various ways to aid business to protect it, streamline its operations and build relationships.
When one’s business and their customers forget to know one another post a couple of dealings, it is the trust level which allows the transactions to proceed smoothly and quickly.
In fact, when one encounter a customer for the first time, such trust is not present that can delay the process of buying and selling. Here an easy means of gathering the required information will be by asking for the picture ID card.
- Identification- First and foremost, an ID card will be used for verifying the person that carries it. It can be used for matching just any additional information that he/she offers like the address mentioned in an application form. The ID, however, should be issued through an agency which is legitimate like a federal agency or state government. Some of these comprise of passports, military identification, driver’s license and more. Typically, such cards help in identifying the issuing body and comprise of the holder’s picture so the face of the user can be matched visually. The additional details can also be included like the signature, birth date, and address.
- Payment Verification- The moment a new customer desires in paying for services or merchandise at a store, they can do it by paying cash that needs no advance knowledge when it comes to acceptance. He may also pay using a check or credit card that may be produced by unknown financial institutions. Here the sole means of ensuring that the name mentioned in the check or card matches with the issuer is by checking his ID card like the driver’s license. The details can be taken down such as phone number and address so that the person can be contacted in case any problem crops up. Also, the signature present in the ID card can also be matched for further insurance.
- Access- The ID card offered by the company can control the access of the individual from everything including special lounges to employee areas. Should the employee is familiar then the picture will be optional? One’s presence will not be mandatory should the card features identification that is machine readable. The employee just needs to swipe the ID at the scanner for opening and closing the doors for areas that are employee restricted. The picture too will not be necessary for the customer that uses the ID for receiving transferable privileges like a discount on purchases.
- Tracking Services- It is an ID card that can help in improving one’s customer response as well as services should it be used for organizing and accessing customer information. Take for instance should one have a medical business, their customer base will contain current treatments, medical conditions, health background, medications, and insurance information. When any client for that matter comes for consultation, his ID card can be used for accessing the database and answering questions right away concerning his past history, the therapy they should undergo and the amount that he needs to pay from his pocket.
- Increased Security- An ID card will help in increasing security in various ways. A photo ID card will make it simpler for security personnel in identifying every visitor or employee right away thereby minimizing the danger of theft and impersonation. By restricting access into a building for allowing only those people with ID cards an entry, every company will be capable of cutting down the possibility of any unauthorized visitor to step into the building. Most ID cards also have additional security features like holographic overlays and/or magnetic stripes to improve the safety of the building further.
- Higher Accountability- To affix a magnetic stripe which is imprinted along with the pads code in every employee’s ID card will do much more compared to increasing security via restricting access. In fact, by assigning every card its respective passcode, an organization will be capable of keeping track easily of every employee’s check in and check out times, facility usage and equipment that will help in encouraging the accountability of employees.
- Employee Relationships and Better Customer- For any business which offers services to members in public, an ID card will help in improving the relationship of employees and customers via putting a face in the name that will help in building accountability and rapport. In case of companies that are large or mid-sized where often email and phone communication replace or precede meetings that are face to face, offering every employee an ID card will help employees in knowing one another.
- Brand Recognition and Local Benefits- Should a company decides to offer special deals or discounts on gym memberships, restaurant visits or tickets for local events, every employee’s ID card will also act as a means of gaining entry in an event or reaping the perks of the deal. Along with building the morale of the employee, providing employees the chance of showing their ID card in different locations will offer the extra perk to build brand recognition.
The truth is, identification is a chief constituent of life be it at home, overseas or visiting friends, having a kind of ID is vital to stay safe and secure. ID cards in the past couple of years have gained enough prominence and today have turned into a necessity no matter where one goes. So, ensure always to carry an ID card wherever you go. It is much more than merely showing your name or picture but at the same time provides valuable information.