Published on February 27th, 2020
Customer service is the cornerstone of success for most businesses, driving growth and sustainability, notes Forbes.
The call center lies at the heart of customer service where staff members field incoming and outgoing calls that may involve service or product questions, complaints, comments and more.
It is also the point where sales representatives make sales calls.
While still referred to as a call center, this vital department interacts with customers, leads, and vendors through a variety of channels in many businesses.
With a premier call center software suite of applications, it is possible to support both automated and live inbound and outbound communications across voice, SMS, email, chat, social and mobile interactions.
With such a variety of channels, the call center has become more commonly known as the contact center and has bred a need for more support to handle such volume and from so many directions.
To accommodate this need, Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) has grown over the past several years, and businesses continue to build on it to provide their clients the best tools for optimal customer service.
Let’s explore three benefits CCaaS can bring to your business.
1. A Seamless Experience Across Every Channel
As noted earlier, call center personnel to interact with customers over far more channels than just telephone. Those channels include email, text messaging, social media posts and private messages, chat sessions and mobile chat applications.
The latest advances in CCaaS deliver a seamless experience across those channels and each touchpoint without sacrificing convenient, personalized and powerful interactions.
2. Improved Efficiency And Better Customer Experience
Contact centers exist for the core purpose of serving customers, but traditional solutions have fallen short of delivering on their promise.
Loyal customers felt frustrated in the past by long hold times, confusing transfer systems on antiquated phone systems inadequately trained customer service agents and inconsistent solutions to issues. All of those problems jeopardize the business.
Here are a few ways that customer service improves through CCaaS:
- Agents have quick desktop access to all the necessary tools to offer customers solutions to their problems.
- Powerful analytic capabilities provide data from observation of customer buying history, patterns and more to provide quick and actionable call center insights.
- Multichannel integration allows service agents to connect with customers on convenient terms and times for them.
3. Eases The Customer Service Process For Call Center Agents
CCaaS strategies work to enhance the call center experience for agents as much as it does for customers; it only makes sense to help call center agents do their job better and with less stress or worry.
Instead of providing them with the bare minimum in terms of tools, CCaaS gives them everything they need.
Here Are A Few Reasons Why CCaaS Improves The Call Center Agent Experience:
Customer, product and other useful information was once kept in a separate system from the one in which the call center service agent worked.
That meant that they would need to put the customer on hold then contact someone in the respective department to get an answer.
- Older technologies made it difficult to sort through customer data, making service agents seem less informed and causing frustration for customers.
- CCaaS solutions offer organizations the chance to connect agents more seamlessly by providing hubs that synthesize all relevant information into a single screen for the agents.
CCaaS May Boost Benefits, Morale And Customer Satisfaction For Your Business
If you are looking for ways to please customers and reduce stress for your call center agents, investing in CCaaS can help.
Providing your call center agents with vital tools and responding to your customers’ needs in the channel that works best for them, you please everyone involved and improve your brand reputation.