Updated on July 19th, 2019
Thinking about planning a trip to Thailand? Well, then, you should base your trip out of Bangkok! The capital of Thailand, Bangkok is indeed one of the most popular tourist destinations that you will come across in the world.
People from across the globe flock to this city to witness the wonderful life and adventure that the city has to offer! While some prefer to visit Bangkok with their friends, this city is also a nice place to visit with your family. There are so many things to do here and see that everyone will find something for themselves when they visit Bangkok.
Travel Tips For Your First Time Bangkok Visit
Are you thinking of travelling to Bangkok for the first time? Well, then, just to make your tour planning a little easier, here are some tips that will surely come in handy for you to enjoy your trip to the optimum:
First thing – how many of you will be travelling? Who will you be travelling with? Are you thinking of going with your friends or your family? Well, decide the number of people soon, because based on that you will have to look for hotels in Bangkok.
Bangkok is a very popular tourist destination and hence finding booking, especially if you are travelling in a large group can prove to be quite difficult for you.
So you will have to make sure that your booking plans are done well in advance so that you find the right kind of stay in a hotel of your choice.
If you are not too sure that you will be able to get all the planning done properly by yourself, fall back on reliable online travel and tour agencies, which will get the booking done for you.
Check out their curated travel packages as well for a wholesome travel plan. This will actually save you a lot of time and who knows you might even get exciting discounts!
Do you know when the ideal time to visit Bangkok is? Well, starting from November till about April is when you find Bangkok at its best. In fact, Bangkok is a city to which you can travel any time of the year. However, if you are not too keen on the rains, it is best to avoid the city from about September to October when the city experiences huge rainfall.
Bangkok is in demand and hence finding the right flight at the right time might prove to be quite a tiring thing if you do not get a move on right from the beginning. Make sure that you get your booking done at least 4 months before your date of travel if you really want to save up on the travel expenses.
Plan out your budget for the trip properly and stick to it. It is a must that you have a tour budget and that you do not exceed it. You will have a few additional expenses for sure and hence always keep money at your disposal.
And lastly, find out which are the best places to visit in Bangkok. If you are going there for the first time, it is important that you do thorough research and find out the best places to visit and then have your travel itinerary planned accordingly.
Places That You Have To Visit In Bangkok
Well, now that you know what are the things that you need to keep in mind when travelling to Bangkok for the first time, here are some of the places in the city that should definitely make their way into your travel itinerary:
- Lumphini Park: While Bangkok is known for its nightlife, what a lot of people do not know is that Bangkok has a serene side to itself as well. Lumphini Park is one such place, and it is a place that you can visit with both your friends and family. Boating around in the quiet waters of the lake or strolling amidst nature, this is a natural spot for all those who want to explore a different side of Bangkok.
- Siam Ocean World or Ocean World: This is an underwater aquarium which will surely strike a chord with all those who are fascinated by marine life. With more than 30,000 marine creatures, this is truly a tour of the ocean in a previously unimagined way!
- Chatuchak Market: Who doesn’t love to shop? And if you are hoping to explore something which is strictly local, then you need to head out to the Chatuchak Market. Pocket-friendly souvenirs are what you should be on the look-out for when heading out to this place.
- Wat Arun: Wondering what to do during the twilight hours in Bangkok? Head out to the temple of Wat Arun. This beautiful structure will surely catch your attention during sunset when it is beautifully lit up by the light of the setting sun.
- Wat Pho: This is another temple that this city has in store which you definitely should take a tour of once. And guess what the best part is? You can even get Thai massages nearby! So if you want to relax, this is a place that you should definitely consider visiting at least once.
- Erawan Museum: Adorned by the beautiful three-headed elephant structure, right at its entrance, this temple will take you through a tour of all that defines the Thai culture. With artefact from different ages of history, this is a must visit for all those who share a penchant for history.
- Dusit Zoo: If you are looking for a fun-filled day time activity, then you can take a tour of the Dusit Zoo. Filled with different kinds of animals, this is a tour that will be enjoyed by all, especially if you are travelling with children!
Bankok has a number of interesting tourist spots to offer. If you take the right measures and plan out your trip in the right way, then Bangkok is certainly any traveller’s paradise. So, what are you waiting for? Start making your travel arrangements, right now!