December 19th, 2019 | Updated on March 7th, 2020
The South Beach Diet are good carbs and fats, and there are unhealthy carbs and fats. The diet consists of nonstarchy vegetables, fish, eggs, full-fat dairy, protein like chicken and turkey, whole grains and nuts. South Beach is lower in carbohydrates and higher in protein and healthy fats than the typical American diet.
The diet was the brainchild of Cardiologist, Arthur Agaston and has been successful around the world in helping people lose weight. He urged his patients to lose weight for the benefit of their heart health.
However, the biggest challenge with most diets is that they are too hard to follow or they require harsh restrictions. The diet came into being in 2003 and has a number of goals. It helps people lose weight in a healthy way and once they have attained their weight loss goal, it shows them how to maintain weight through a combination of moderate exercise and healthy eating.
The fact that there is a frozen delivery meal option makes it even easier to adapt as it takes grocery shopping and cooking out of the equation altogether. It is one affordable diet option that you have to think about if you want to maintain a healthy heart, manage your weight, and live a longer life.
Here Are 3 Pros And Cons Of South Beach Diet’s Frozen Meals:
Advantages Of The South Beach Diet
- The diet is a balanced one. The fact that it has an emphasis on good carbohydrates and lean proteins, as well as good fats, makes it a balanced diet that will keep you healthy.
- It does not encourage the use of a high intake of saturated fats. Good fats like monounsaturated fats are encouraged.
- You do not need to count calories. The fact that you do not have to track calories means that you have no restrictions on your food intakes as long as they are the recommended foods. The diet encourages one to take good carbs, good fats, and lean proteins, on top of frequent snacks.
The above are just a few of the many advantages that come with adherence to South Beach’s frozen meals. Below are the disadvantages that come with South Beach’s Frozen Meals.
Disadvantages of the South Beach Diet
- The nutrition plan is said to be quite expensive when compared to normal food sources. Some of the foods it recommends can be quite expensive for the average person. These are foods such as quinoa, white bread, brown rice, 100% whole white bread, wild rice, bucket wheat and so on.
- Certain South Beach dishes will take you a long time to prepare. The fact that people are too busy nowadays means that sometimes they only require easy-to-prepare foods so as to save time. For example, it would take 30 minutes to prepare brown rice. For the people who eat out, it may also not be possible to have these meals provided in most eating places.
- The diet has a number of inconsistencies that make it difficult for people to understand. Some aspects of the diet do not seem to work together. For instance, people do not understand why it is allowed for them to consume saturated fats when in phase 3 and not in the other phases. Why are people encouraged to count the number of nuts they consume while at the same time they are not supposed to count the calories?
Health Disclaimer :
Information provided by Newszii.com does in no way substitute for qualified medical opinion. Any text, videos or any other material provided by us should be considered as generic information only. Any health related information may vary from person to person, hence we advice you to consult specialists for more information.