Updated on September 8th, 2018
Weight loss isn’t a walk in the park! You have to try every trick in the book to shed the extra flab and get closer to your goal weight. The right diet coupled with the home workouts with equipment can do wonders and help you lose weight fast.
Introducing these exercises at home with equipment, to jazz up your workouts like no other. You need to give your exercise routine a makeover.
Boring workouts equate to cheating on your workouts. However bizarre it may seem, it’s true because you will keep finding reasons to avoid your exercise regime when you get tired of the same old workout routine.
So, now how can you workout inside your home and get the same results as a gym? Simply by adding easily-available home equipment. Check out some of the fitness exercises with home equipment, here.
Household Items For Home Exercises
There are easily available items and furniture lying around that you can use as effective home gym equipment to get the most out of your workouts.
- Books – I know what you are thinking that how can books replace the dumbbells at home? Well, you can use heavy books and use them on your abs while you perform as bridges. This helps tighten, tone and strengthen your abs.
- Weighted Cans – Liquid filled cans such as hair conditioners or condensed milk are perfect for triceps workouts.
- Bunji Cord – A bunji cord is another strength training equipment that can act as a perfect accompaniment to bicep curls.
- Water Bottles – Water bottles are a great way to work dumbbells for biceps and triceps workouts.
- Chair – Another handy equipment is the chair. It is functional and perfect for your dips.
- Stairs – You have stairs at home? If you have then you don’t need to go to the gym to utilize the stair climbers.
- Jump Rope – Jump ropes are a great way to get in a cardio workout.
The Best Workouts
The minute you think of workouts, you think of running on the treadmill, or twisting and turning on the elliptical. But what we don’t know is that cardio is simply not what we do at the gym on machines, and is not the only way of staying in shape.
Don’t just go through the motions looking at the clock continuously hoping that the workout gets over soon. Try and maximize its fat burning abilities and muscle-building prowess. Try these power-packed exercises and reap the benefits.
It is regarded as a great fat burning cardio routine for beginners and people who are obese or injured. Walking is not only a great way to lose weight, but is also the first step towards your fitness goal; it is much lesser in intensity in comparison to other methods.
It is said that the lower the intensity of an activity, the number of calories burnt will be lesser. As per unit of time, walking is still said to be effective! It is even said that everyone should aim for at least 10,000 steps per day to lose weight. Add your water bottles while you walk this adds the resistance and combines both the cardio and strength training.
2. Circuit Training
This is a great workout which combines aerobic moves with strengthening ones. You need to balance your rest and recovery period.
If you think that you have exerted yourself too much, take that water break and then start again. The idea is to go all out. Mixing the moves gives it an effective touch. You can add weighted cans to add resistance.
Plyometric moves are a favorite with newbies at the fitness game and also people who have been at it for ages. Squats, jump squats and burpees are all examples of plyometric exercises. It is a metabolic conditioning movement done with maximum force.
Instead of stretching your workouts till you are dog tired, go out for several minutes and you will definitely get the results. Add liquid filled cans or water bottles to give it a comprehensive workout.
Like rowing, swimming is also a superlative option for a total body workout, as it helps in burning a great number of calories.
Though it is a highly intense workout, it does not harm the joints as it works in the weightless environment of water, so you have fewer chances of getting injured.
Try aqua workouts, water offers a natural resistance and if you add weighted water bottles it works on your muscles.
5. Jump Rope
It is a high impact activity that helps burn 1000 calories per hour. Jumping rope can prove to be a great aerobic workout if done properly. It can also work on the muscles of your calves and shoulders, as it particularly works on them.
Mastering jump rope can be dicey and it needs a lot of getting used to. It is a tough one, probably the toughest among all the aerobic exercises; you need skill, focus, strength, and patience to jump rope effectively.
6. Triceps Dips Using Chair
The chair is also a functional home gym equipment and you can use it in a number of ways to target various muscle groups. This is one of the best exercises to work on your triceps.
This workout works your shoulders, chest, forearms, and lowers back. Just sit on a chair and hold the edge of the chair with both your hands. Keep your feet close to each other and stretch you’re your legs. Lower your body from the chair and push back while you bend your arms. Do this 20 to 30 times at a stretch.
7. Pull Ups Using Bar Attached To A Door Frame
Fix a bar or make do with the door frame and it is one of the best exercises with equipment to lose weight. Buy a bar and use it for pull-ups.
Pull-ups are the best way to work on your upper body exercise that works for various muscle groups at the same time. It tones a large number of muscles such as lats, rhomboids, arm muscles and stomach muscles. Fix the bar at a convenient level on the door frame.
Grab the bar with both your hands, keep your palms facing away and place your hand keeping it shoulder-width apart. Now pull your body up while you extend the arms. Keep your core braced while you pull yourself up and down.
So, grab your dumbbells, errr ………your water bottles, do away with all your excuses and work your way to a great body.
- 16 Gym Accessories That Will Improve Your Workout Experience Instantly
- Vertical Climber Machines Or Recumbent Bikes: Which One Would You Choose?
- Get The Best Home Fitness Equipment For Your Home Gym
- 30 Best Fitness Equipment For Your Home Gym
- 27 Amazing Stuffs To Keep You Healthy.You Need Just One For Daily Workouts
- 21 Fitness Machines That Are Actually Useful! You Need Just One For Daily Workouts
- 25 Fitness Machines To Get In Shape! You Need Just One For Daily Workouts