Updated on February 12th, 2019
What is more important, individual excellence or teamwork? For many individual, excellence is the expression of their premium prowess and self-pride.
And for many, teamwork is the way to conceal their deficiencies. But the most productive line of thought will be taking into account both of these and balancing the metrics quintessentially.
Being a part of a flourishing team allows the members to excel in their individual genre and strengthen their weaknesses which contribute to the better productivity of the team in overall.
This is how important & potent can teamwork be if not viewed as a motley crowd of bygones.
Who Is A Scrum Master?
Before defining a Scrum Master, we must know what is Scrum? Scrum is a well-tested and well-accepted character building methodology that imbibes the sense of fraternity and flexibility among the people working in a closed group on a vital project.
The procedure follows the ethics and norms of the agile principles. The scrum actually makes a team self-evolving and progressive.
A team running on scrum dictates can absorb any shock, adapt to any change, create opportunities & take them, organize itself from within and keeps up the moral high all the time.
But being a member of a scrum team does not necessarily makes one a scrum master. So a person who has a mastery over the agile principles and has the diligence to create & manage an information transaction network within a group is honored with the title of scrum master.
How Can You Become A Scrum Master?
Well, to be very frank, being a scrum master is not the same as being the leader of a country. Nor is it like being the chairperson at a broad. It is more of a collaborative endeavor that all of the members of the team contribute to. However, a csm certification directs the way and channelizes the efforts efficiently to make the achievements more endearing.
Here is a list of 10 pointers by following which you can become a very amicable and providential scrum master.
- Remove the barriers – This is a task that you need to do not only as a scrum master but as a leader too. Learning the difficulties of the member and taking responsibility to make the things right is very essential. This opens up the environment in the group and people freely communicate with each other without any shackles. Consequently, the work ambience enhances and the productivity increases.
- Protect the enterprise – The enterprise is not about the owner only but about the employees & the customers too. So when a scrum master does his/her job it is very crucial that the person gauges the situation correctly. So when it comes to shielding someone, make sure that the other is not pushed away or the overall word is hampered. This is the most difficult skill to master.
- Track the happenings – It is a given that when you are a scrum master you will be privy to all the reports on the projects. But if you discuss this with the team, the impediments between the members break down and fruitful information are brought to the table. So discussion about the progress reports in group is very important.
- Prioritization – It is of utmost need to sort out the order of the things. For a scrum master it is very essential to take one task at a time. The more you multi task the more is the stress on the team. So tactful prioritization lessens the work pressure off the team and enhances the proficiency.
- Regular meetings – The most important task for any scrum master is to place matters into the opens. Arranging for meetings with all the members of the team is what such a leader does. Discussing matters about the ongoing projects and about the diurnal need of the office gives the scrum master a view of the work ambience. It also spreads the brotherhood among the members.
- Make things simple – Being knowledgeable about the know-hows of the sector gives scrum master varied scope to develop the work system of an office. Making things complicated is not a feasible option. So finding out the simpler ways of operation and testing the process to accredit it to be the main channel of production is an essential task of a scrum master.
- Inspection – Everything plays out on the scene at a preordained rate. The daily ongoing happen in a mundane way. But this does not mean that everything is fine. Inspecting each and every step thoroughly with adeptness will give the scrum master an insightful report about the team status. So be very vigilant and empirical.
- Communication – Being in good rapport with the members of the team is very vital for maximizing the team proficiency. If not then you will not get the work done. With beneficial understanding the members will take more workload and as a scrum master you can reward them suitably afterwards.
- Maintain the status quo – Once you have established yourself as the scrum master make sure that the organizational settings that you have implemented is not changers or else everything will fall apart. For this to happen be involved in every projects.
- Be the Scrum Master – There are a lot of things a Scrum Master needs to integrate in the personality. But if you have the air of confidence within you to be the leader then only you will be designated as the scrum master.