January 27th, 2017 | Updated on July 24th, 2020
Love and infatuation are both intense emotions that one feels for another person. But the two feelings are completely different from each other.
In you fall in love with somebody, you give more importance to other person’s happiness. Love is when you care very strongly and very deeply about another person.
“When you develop an infatuation for someone you always find a reason to believe that this is exactly the person for you. It doesn’t need to be a good reason. Taking photographs of the night sky, for example. Now, in the long run, that’s just the kind of dumb, irritating habit that would cause you to split up. But in the haze of infatuation, it’s just what you’ve been searching for all these years”, says
But loves makes you vulnerable and caring, both at the same time. Love opens your your heart, and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
When you love someone, you are there to support them, you work together to solve problems, you’re willing to stand by this person in good times and bad, and you wish nothing more than to watch and help this person grow.
Infatuation is an intense feeling. Infatuation is the state of being completely carried away by unreasoning passion or love; addictive love.
Infatuation happens early on and tends to become obsessive, and sexual attraction is central to infatuation. And, of course, many love relationships start out as infatuation.
It’s not easy to to understand the differences between love and infatuation. Here are 35 ways you can identify the difference between Love and Infatuation:
1. Infatuation Happens Instantly. Love Is A Slow Process.
2. Infatuation Craves Physical Affection. Love Craves A Deeper Connection.
3. Infatuation Makes You Act Irrationally Or ‘Crazy.’ Love Calms You Down.
4. Infatuation Is Intense But Short-lived. Love Is Comfortable But Lasts Longer.
5. Infatuation Is Reckless With Our Emotions. Love Is More Considerate.
6. Infatuation Has Ulterior Motives. Love Has Genuine Intentions.
7. Infatuation Brings Out Obsession And Jealousy. Love Brings Out Understanding And Trust.
8. Infatuation Is Shallow. Love Is Deep.
9. Infatuation Is Selfish And Draining. Love Is Kind And Energizing.
10. Infatuation Makes A Big Deal Out Of Small Things. Love Lets Them Go.
11. Infatuation Is Being In Love With The Idea Of Someone. Love Is Being In Love With Who The Person Really Is.
12. Infatuation Is Possessive. Love Is Generous.
13. Infatuation Holds Grudges. Love Forgives.
14. Infatuation Keeps You Guessing. Love Answers Your Questions.
15. Infatuation Thrives On Playing Games. Love Thrives On Meaningful Connections.
16. Infatuation Is Rocky. Love Is Solid.
17. Infatuation Is Delusional. Love Is Real.
18. Infatuation Follows A Timeline. Love Is Timeless.
19. Infatuation Has Unrealistic Expectations. Love Has Realistic Standards.
20. Infatuation Is Childish. Love Is Mature.
21. Infatuation Grows With Desire. Love Grows With Friendship.
22. Infatuation Stems From Insecurity. Love Stems From Self-Assurance.
23. Infatuation Makes You Vengeful. Love Makes You A Better Person.
24. Infatuation Makes You Forget You Have A Life. Love Is Integrated With Yours.
25. Infatuation Can Leave Unannounced. Love Provides Explanations.
26. Infatuation Is Never Content With One Person. Love Is Monogamous.
27. Infatuation Is Undefined. Love Is Exclusive.
28. Infatuation mostly depends on physical attraction, love goes beyond the excitement hat you feel when touching another person
29. Love initiates what is best for you, Infatuation often has a destructive effect on a person.
30. Love does not abruptly terminates if you are not sexually active. Infatuation does not recognizes values.
31. Unlike love, infatuation does not survive separation. It dies the moment you get separated from each other.
32. Love is a deep, affectionate bond that grows with time, infatuation starts suddenly, also ends suddenly.
33. Infatuation can be all-consuming. It gets in the way of everyday life. Love doesn’t hold you back; it builds you up.
34. Desperation is one of the signs of infatuation. You feel desperate to take things forward. When you are in love, you are more secure.
35. In infatuation, every conversation centers around flirting and complimenting each other. It is as if there is nothing else to talk about. This is highly unlikely when you are in love, because you can have conversation on anything.
Source: thoughtcatalog.com and other sources