Published on June 24th, 2020
Falling in love is easy but expressing it to your lover is probably the toughest thing you will ever do.
Most men find it tough to pop the question to their lover and How to propose a girl is one amongst the most searched phrases on the internet.
If this is your story as well here we have some interesting ideas to help you propose. It is up to you whether you want to keep it a simple affair or change it into an elaborate occasion.
We have all sorts of ideas and are sure one of them would be suitable as per your love situation. In the end, do let us know how it all went.
1. Propose by writing the message in Christmas lights.
2. Tie a red velvet ribbon from one spot in your home to another. Attach little notes recalling perfect moments in your relationship along the way. Wait for your partner at the end of the ribbon with the ring in hand.
3. Propose by letting her unwrap her ring as a birthday or anniversary gift.
4. Propose by having your friends and family wear custom t-shirts with the words ‘will’ and ‘you’ and ‘marry’ and ‘me’ written across them.
5. Propose by putting her ring in the bottom of her champagne glass at a restaurant.
6. Spell your proposal out in glow-in-the-dark star stickers on your ceiling. Get into bed, turn the lights off and wait for the gasp.
7. On the days leading up to February 14, plant Valentine’s Day cards (like the ones you used to give out to classmates in third grade) with sweet messages written inside around the house. Then on Valentine’s Day, present them with a box of chocolates containing, you guessed it, the ring.
8. Propose by having a caricaturist draw a picture of you asking the big question.
9. Propose by having your child (or younger sibling or cousin) ask the question for you.
10. Propose by calling into a radio show and asking the host to dedicate a song to your person.
11. Throwback to your childhood with a proposal written in sidewalk chalk on your street or driveway.
12. Propose by writing Will You Marry Me in the sand at the beach.
13. Gather a bunch of your friends and family for a party and have everyone put on a T-shirt or carry balloons filled with helium (otherwise they won’t float) bearing one of the letters in the phrase, “Will you marry me?” Then during the party suggest a group picture to reveal the message.
14. Propose by giving her a ring or necklace with the words Marry Me inscribed.
15. Propose by hiring a band to show up for a surprise performance.
16. Hire a skywriter to spell out your proposal for everyone around to see.
17. On your partner’s birthday, plan a “surprise party” then pretend to ruin the surprise by having them get there early. The real shock will be when you propose and all your friends and family show up afterward to celebrate.
18. Have your proposal in a park with friends and family a safe distance away. Once you’ve proposed, have everyone show up for an impromptu celebration.
19. Propose by having the question written on a slip of paper and sticking it inside of a fortune cookie.
20. Propose by attaching the engagement ring to your dog’s collar and letting him bring it to her.
21. Fill a favorite room in your home with photo memories from your relationship; you can hang them from balloons or cover the walls with them for a jaw-dropping surprise.
22. Propose by writing the question on a billboard.
23. Propose by hiding the ring inside of her dessert.
24. Propose by creating a scavenger hunt around town for her that ends with you down on one knee.
25. Go to a restaurant and ask for the “specials” menu. The waiter will come back with a sheet of paper you’ve planted that reads your marriage proposal message.
26. Searching for beach proposal ideas? Go to the shore and build a sandcastle together (at a safe distance from the ocean). When your partner isn’t looking, put the ring on the highest tower.
27. Rent a Vespa, scooter or bikes to tour the city and invite your soon-to-be fiance for a ride, but remind them to be safe and wear a helmet. Hand over the helmet (with the ring box already in it) then zip around town to celebrate.
28. Propose by ordering personalized M&Ms that say Marry Me.
29. Rake the leaves in their yard to spell out your outdoor proposal.
30. Before your partner leaves for work, offer to heat up their car and scrape the ice and snow off their windows. Then scratch your proposal into the ice.
31. Have a choir, brass band or drum line show up for a surprise performance of your fiance-to-be’s favorite love song in a park or public location for your proposal. For a really personal touch, ask the performers if they can incorporate your fiance’s name into the lyrics.
32. Put together a gift basket of yummy treats—like dark chocolate, coffee or fresh fruit—and hide the ring among the presents (in its box, so it doesn’t get lost in the goodies).
33. Propose by giving her a Build-a-Bear with a voice recording of you popping the question.
34. How’s this for a dreamy outdoor proposal idea? Pick a spot for some summer stargazing (it’s even more perfect if there’s a meteor shower or lunar eclipse expected) and propose under the night sky.
35. Print a custom label with your engagement proposal written on it then place it on a fancy bottle of vino to toast with after they say “yes.”
36. Add this to the list of outdoor proposal ideas: Go on a hike and pop the question once you’ve reached the top of your climb. (But please be careful not to lose or damage the precious proposal piece in the wilderness.)
37. Propose by writing Marry Me on a message in a bottle and making sure she ‘discovers’ it when you walk along the beach.
38. Suggest a berry-picking excursion to make some fresh summer pies. Once you’re out there, tell your partner you’ve found the most perfect berry they have to see. Instead of ripe fruit, they’ll find you and the ring. (This also works in the fall with apple or pumpkin picking.)
39. Propose by hiding the ring inside of a plastic egg during an Easter egg hunt.
40. Propose by writing the question in rose petals inside the bedroom.
41. Propose by slipping the ring onto her finger while she is sleeping and seeing her reaction in the morning.
42. Build a scene of a snowman proposing then tell your soon-to-be-fiance to look outside. When they see the snowman, get down on one knee.
43. Reenact the scene of their favorite romantic movie. If it’s Pretty Woman, go for the ending of the movie: Rent a white limo and climb through the sunroof with flowers in hand to proclaim your love as you arrive at their place.
44. Build up anticipation for the last day of Hanukkah by dropping eight hints that you’re about to propose.
45. Set up a live-stream channel and invite all your friends and family to watch the proposal in real-time from wherever you choose to pop the question.
46. Propose by carving ‘Marry Me’ into a pumpkin for Halloween.
47. Propose by buying space in the local newspaper to tell her how much you love her.
48. Propose by making a video compilation and having her watch it with you.
49. Propose by writing out the words on a Scrabble board.
50. Tell your fiance-to-be that you’ve been selected for a couple’s “casting call” at a studio then propose in front of the cameras.