May 25th, 2020 | Updated on June 28th, 2022
A good video editing course opens doors for you in television, motion pictures, digital internet video and advertising industry.
Film editor, television studio editor, multimedia artists and animator, event video editor, colorist, Visualizer, Art Director, 2D and 3D Animator are some of the most popular roles that you’ll find after completing a course in video editing.
To start your career in video editing, you must have a thorough knowledge of software, technologies and equipment’s.
Getting professional certificate in video editing is a good way to jumpstart your career.
Video editing courses help you learn how to use popular video editing software and edit a movie, short film or documentary.
We have provided a list 12 Best Video Editing Courses that are suitable for everybody:
In this online video editing course, you’ll learn the art and craft of editing videos using Adobe Premier or equivalent program.
Working with a pro digital artist, you’ll explore how to apply time-honored principles of film editing using today’s digital technology.
- Understanding the Basics
- Shooting and Editing Video
- Editing Techniques
- Rhythm, Motion, and Effects
- Titles and Output
- Editing Sound
In this course you will learn techniques in video editing using Adobe Premiere, including adding transitions, applying basic effects, correcting color, and syncing sound.
- How to format video in standard and high-definition formats for export
- How to upload videos
- Basics of various media platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
This hands-on practical course will teach you the basics of editing using Adobe Premiere Pro, part of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite. It is not recommended if you already have a strong familiarity with Premiere Pro.
- Gain basic technical skills
- Add effects and transitions
- Explore the creative art of editing
This complete course is designed for beginners who want to learn how to edit amazing videos with iMovie.
iMovie is the ideal application for beginners, it’s very user friendly so whether you want to create an epic travel video, a birthday video, promote a product for work or even edit your own online course, then iMovie is the right way to do it.
- Edit an entire video from beginning to end, using professional and efficient techniques.
- Apply visual effects such as stabilizing shaky video.
- Color correct your video to fix issues with white balance and more.
- Improve audio quality with audio effects, background noise removal and more.
This Final Cut Pro X for Mavericks training course from Infinite Skills teaches you how to use this popular video editing software on the Mavericks operating system.
This course is designed for the absolute beginner, meaning no prior experience with Final Cut Pro is required.
- You will start by learning about the user interface, preferences, and helpful shortcuts.
- This course will then teach you how to add media, including adding media from a camera and SD card, importing video from tape, and working with archives.
- Once you’ve learned the basics, this course will teach you more advanced editing tips, including working with effects and key frames, working with compound clips, and editing audio to make a movie.
If you are looking for a video editing application that will allow you to edit videos however you want them, Adobe Premiere Pro is the best answer.
Premiere Pro is used by professionals across the world for every type of production from business & marketing videos, music videos to documentaries, feature films. This full course is the best way to jump right in and start editing.
- CC 2020 Updates
- By the end of the course, you’ll have edited your own short documentary using either the supplied footage (video clips, photos, graphics, music, etc.), or your own footage!
- And more…
It provides three courses: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced
- Beginner: These courses will help learners reach a comfort level when working with basic features of After Effects.
- Intermediate: This section focuses on diving deeper into some core After Effects skills.
- Advanced: This section is also a deep dive into After Effects skills but with a focus on some of the more advanced sections.
- Using the Project Panel
- Managing the After Effects Project
- The Timeline
- Caching and Previewing
- Transparency and Blending
- Effects and Layer Styles
- D Space
- Shape Layers
- Painting Tools
- Stabilizing and Tracking
- Parenting Nesting and Precomposing
- Working with Color
- Rendering and Exporting
- Compositing 3D Renders
Whether you’re a corporate trainer or a teacher, Chris Mattia can help you make enhancements to your instructional materials, and connect with your learners in a more meaningful way.
Chris offers a new and actionable tip for creating high-quality instructional materials on any budget.
- Video editing fundamentals
- Designing for microlearning
- Magic for masking
- Batch processing images
- Beginner’s mind
- and more…
This course aims to transform you into a powerful creative editor. How do we want to make our audiences feel? How to we construct a dramatic narrative? How do with build stunning visual cutting patterns? These are the concepts you will be taught Inside The Edit.
The course is divided into three levels:
Level 01: Fundamentals
- Introduction & Fundamentals
- Setting Up & Organising
- Breaking Down Your Footage
- Laying Down Your Sync
- Painting Pictures: Concepts
Level 02: Intermediate
- Perfecting The Pictures
- Pace & Timing
- Cutting Actuality
- Creating Professional Sync
Level 03: Advanced
- Hiding Everyday Problems
- Scoring Concepts
- Basic Scoring Techniques (Coming Soon)
- Advanced Scoring Techniques (Coming Soon)
- Stylisation & Montage (Coming Soon)
Skillshare is an online learning community with thousands of classes for creative and curious people, on topics including illustration, design, photography, video, freelancing, and more.
Skillshare teachers are icons, experts, and industry rock stars excited to share their experience, wisdom, and trusted tools with you.
Under ‘Creative’ course, it teaches:
- Graphic Design
- 2d Animation
- 3D Animation
- 3D Design
- 3D Modeling
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- …And more
Join one of the best editing instructors, Abba Shapiro, to learn how to work effectively in Premiere Pro®. In this series, you’ll learn the tools that allow you to build a story with video.
- Understanding Editing
- Tour the Interface
- Building a Rough Cut
- Refining Your Edit
- Working with Audio
- Speed Changes
- Color Correction
- Finishing: Prepping for Output
- …and more
AGI offers regularly scheduled Premiere Pro classes in Boston, New York City, and Philadelphia, private Premiere Pro training on-site nationwide and online Premiere Pro courses.
- Premiere Pro Training Class — Introduction
- Premiere Pro Training Class — Advanced
- Premiere Pro Bootcamp
- Premiere Pro in a Day NYC
- Graphic Design Certificate NYC
- Premiere Pro Bootcamp NYC
- Motion Graphics Certificate NYC