April 22nd, 2019 | Updated on April 26th, 2019
What Are Flash Drives?
When it comes to storage, most of us cannot get enough. Our storage needs on our laptops, camcorders, phones etc are ever increasing as we have found ways to move from our old traditional, paper storage methods.
We no longer store as much paper, we store photographs and media files on our technology, it is easier to file, easier to access and best of all it does not take up floor space in our home.
We may also want to have the portability to be able to carry files around with us and transfer them from device to device. That is where the flash drive comes in.
A flash drive is a portable storage device which can be inserted into the port of any computer. When you put the flash drive into the port, your computer will usually display a message to tell you that it is there and you can add files to the drive and transfer files from the drive with great ease.
You can browse the files in the same way as you would on your computer. Flash drives are small in size meaning that they can be easily carried around and they can be used on any device which has an available port.
Flash drives in bulk are the way to go and can be purchased singly or they can be purchased in bulk. They come with different size storage options.
Flash drive storage is usually quoted in terms of Gigabytes (GB) and are offered in 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and even 128GB options, so plenty storage for all manner of activities.
There are several potential benefits to buying your flash drives in bulk:
- You can potentially make some savings as a supplier is usually prepared to offer a better unit price for bulk buys. It means cash flow for the company and the quick movement of stock from their premises. A supplier is therefore usually prepared to accept a lower price per item. If enough people buy in bulk from the supplier, it means that they are able to negotiate with their supplier for a better unit price from their side and they can pass the savings to their customers.
- You save on postage costs as very often you will be given free postage for orders of a certain value. Even without free postage, it often works out that you can have multiple items transported to your door for the same price as a single item. Delivery is usually made very quickly.
- You can choose to use the devices for single use and store files, photographs and songs, file them and use them as required. It allows you to create an easy to use library which will not take up too much space as the devices are small. You can file by type, location, date etc to keep everything organised.
- You can choose to upload files to your flash drive which allows you to carry them around with you for use on multiple devices and to share with others. If you are a business, it would allow you to make multiple copies and have them distributed to your colleagues or workers.
- It allows you and / or your team to take work back and forward to the office and by purchasing multiple drives, there’s one for everyone.
- It’s always a good idea to give your customers something a bit different and as part of a present for Xmas you could use the drives to upload information, freebies or anything that would be relevant to use as a gift for them.
- Family and friends may also benefit from a nice present, photos of the family, a compilation of their favourite songs, or whatever. It can be difficult sometimes to buy a present for someone who has everything and this would represent a fabulously unique idea, something personal and something to remember.
- Buying in bulk means that you can keep a stock of them handy and you will never be in a position where you run out. With storage needs and versatility, having surplus flash drives is never a bad idea.
- You can purchase super neat storage cases for your flash drives which allow you to store the drives on a more permanent basis or to give you the facility to carry the drives around with you. Some of the cases are very robust and padded to offer protection for your flash drives. The cases come in a variety of shapes and sizes, choose the size you need to accommodate the flash drives you wish to have in that particular collection. Cases can be stored and labelled so as to have easy access to all of your files, pictures and media.
- It allows you to make a backup copy of all of your important information, whether you are a business user or a personal user. Imagine if anything were to happen to your computer system and your files were not backed up, the heartache of losing weeks of work or irreplaceable photographs, using multiple flash drives enables you to make one or several backups of your important information.
It pays to find yourself a reputable supplier for your flash drives. A reputable supplier will only stock reliable makes of the product from tried and tested manufacturers which is helpful to you, after all, it would not be good at all if your drive were to fail.
Check the reviews for the company, you should be able to do this easily online. Have a look at their website, often the information provided will tell you if a company is committed to their product.
A committed company will have a selection of products clearly displayed with helpful and clear information.
They should also be able to answer any of your questions and if necessary advise you of the size of flash drive you would require to accommodate your storage needs comfortably. Thys may also be able to offer you some unique ideas for your storage needs too.