February 24th, 2021 | Updated on November 17th, 2021
Hassle-free claim settlement is the first thing that comes to mind when you are stuck in any untoward event during your overseas trip. What to do and how to do it? All these questions leave you in a confusing state.
That is why the right information about international travel insurance claim settlement is crucial before you fly.
Travel insurance companies make their efforts to offer quick claim settlement to the customers so that they bring only good memories. Here are few simple and common steps that you should follow for a successful international claim settlement:
Claim Settlement Process
The claim process under overseas travel insurance involves few things:
Notification of Claim: You have to notify the customer support team or assistance service provider about the claim.
Below are some essential details that are required for international travel claim settlement:
- Policy number, policyholders’ name, nature of illness or injury
- Date of admission to hospital or date of loss, whichever is applicable
- Name and address of the attending medical practitioner and hospital
- Any other information, documentation, or details requested by the company
Cashless: You can avail of the cashless facility at the network providers for in-patient care. Also, call the customer
support team. You need to request a cashless facility in a prescribed format. Your travel insurance company may authorize your request and allow your claim for cashless treatment.
Reimbursement: Under reimbursement, you have to bear the medical expenses from your pocket at the time of discharge from the hospital or loss, whatever is the case. When you come back to India, you can file for reimbursement.
Documents: You need to submit the list of documents according to the benefits. The claim management team examines the submitted papers and processes your claim.
Points to Be Noted:
While filing the claim under overseas travel insurance, you should keep the following points in mind to ensure timely claim settlement:
- Take all the reasonable steps to minimize the quantum of the claim
- Follow the directions, advice, or guidance provided by the Medical Practitioner
- Intimation, notification, and submission or provision of all information and documents provided timely
- All payments under the policy shall be made in Indian Rupees and within India
- In case of flight delay or cancellation, a return confirmation from the airline is required.
- After submitting all the documents, you will receive an approval letter
Tips for Hassle-Free Claim Settlement
If you want to get your claim settlement without chaos, follow these tips:
- Read Exclusions: Do check the exclusion list before filing a claim to avoid rejection. Furnish Hospital Bills: Furnish all the required bills to the claim management team and hospital TPA within the stipulated period
- Keep the Copies: Whether diagnosis, hospitalization, surgery, medicines, doctor’s prescriptions, discharge summary, etc., keep the original and duplicate copies of all the required documents for future purposes
- Intimation: Intimate the claim management team about your hospitalization or loss timely to avoid delay in the process
- Pre-existing Disease: Share correct information about your pre-existing disease before you buy the travel policy
Top Companies Offer Quick Claim Settlement
- ICICI Lombard
- Go Digit
- HDFC Ergo
- Care Health Insurance
- Star Health
For cashless or reimbursement, you should follow the right process to ensure timely and successful international travel insurance claim settlement.