April 12th, 2018 | Updated on June 6th, 2020
Making small, specific goals is key to losing weight long term but now can you get motivated now? You know the drill when it comes to losing weight: take in fewer calories, burn more calories.
But you also know that most diets and quick weight-loss plans don’t work as promised. If you’re trying to drop a few pounds fast, these trusted expert tips will make it easy for you to lose the weight quickly.
Here is a simple 28 most important points to lose weight fast.
1. Eat steamed veggies instead of side dishes. Now restaurants are also serving steamed veggies as per the demands.
2. Avoid fry dishes like samosha, kachori, fries, etc. Eat more baked food.
You May Like Also Why Do People Give Up So Easily When Trying To Lose Weight?
3. Eat grilled food instead of deep fry. Arrange your own grill at your home.
4. Avoid large amount of dressing in salad or other dishes. It saves you from extra calories. That means fewer calories equal to less weight.
5. Do physical/manual work as much as you can. For example using stairs on regular basis, carry your luggage in airport, railway station etc. These are just another way to increase energy expenditure.
6. Drink plain coffee instead of “high calories flavoured coffee”. They do nothing but to add 500 or more calorie to your body.
7. Oats is best diet meal. Small amount of oats fill you up more than the high sugar breakfast counterparts. It contains very less calories.
8. Fidget. Fidget is type of extra movements which are termed as NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis). A study published in general science showed that those who fidgeted more often e.g frequently changed their posture, weighed less than who didn’t.
9. Laugh often. Laughing is very useful physical and mental exercise. A study presented at the European congress on obesity found that those who laughed hard for approx. 10 – 15 min. daily burned an additional 10 -40 calories/day. It also fill your brain with positive energy and make you more energetic.
You May Like Also 12 Healthy Ways To Lose Weight Fast
10. Always eat less as per your appetite. Every little bits counts a lot.
11. Avoid sweets/dessert. They have large amount of calories.
12. Be stick to your diet at the parties as well. There is no harm to have food as per your diet among the people. Try to avoid overeating.
13. This often happens in our home. Parents are likely to eat their children leftover due to wastage. But we should avoid this activity because every little bit of food adds up in form calories to our body.
14. Say no to junk food like chips, dips, burgers, etc. these are biggest enemy of your body.
15. Walk regularly. If you have pet, go for a walk with them. It will enhance your energy expenditure and keeps you energetic whole day. In other side your pet starts loving you more.
16. If you don’t have pets, make friend in neighbourhood and take them with you for a walk. Enjoy friendship with losing weight is an awesome experience.
17. Use small plate and bowls. It will help you to eat less but avoid eating as well.
18. Eat slowly. Our stomach takes 15 to 20 minutes to sense that it’s full. Slow eating allows us to understand our appetite.
You May Like Also 15 Foods You Can Eat A Lot Of And Still Not Gain Weight
19. Control your food intake. Decrease your food intake by 100 calories per day. This will help you to losing nearly 1 pound per month without any efforts.
20. Count your steps with the help of pedometer or by yourself. Try to walk 10,000 steps daily to speed up weight control.
21. Go for a walk or do cycling whenever possible.
22. Plan ahead. Always prepared next alternative plan. If one fails the go with other one.
23. Keep some healthy snacks with you like nuts. It will save you to take something unhealthy at the time of hunger.
24. Measure yourself regularly and compare with previous one.
25. Make friends of like-minded who also want to be healthy. Similar company encourages more to get the desired goal.
26. Put yourself first. Take care of yourself first. Don’t let yourself down for maintaining other’s health.
27. Keep trying. If you don’t get success in first instance, start doing again with new zeal until you succeed.
28. Wake up early to do exercise. It is good habit. It keeps you energetic whole day and also helps to control your weight.
You May Like Also Weight Loss Tips For Women Who Want To Lose Weight After 40
Let’s find out what other people have to say about Why do people give up so easily when trying to lose weight on Quora :
There are some things you should know:
Newbie gains are a real thing — you will lose fat & gain muscle. This is a magical stage where you will make a huge amount of progress quickly.
When you are higher in body fat your insulin and testosterone levels are sometimes not always the best they can be. When you are leaner your hormone levels are usually better which primes you to build muscle and not add too much fat in the process. Read More …By Robson Redding
Tracking food for a few weeks or a month can intuitively help you learn how to eat. The problem is you can’t or won’t do it long term. For me Intermittent fasting was a natural way for me to limit my food intake. Although I tracked my food. It was something I thoroughly enjoy. Read More By Andrew Bayon
Blood sugar has a direct impact on your weight as it affects how hungry and how energetic you are (if you have energy you’re much more likely to exercise!) If your blood sugar is balanced you are less likely to have a dis-proportionally large appetite, and your body will be more apt to use fat (energy) rather than storing it. While debate about its effectiveness drags on, more and more preliminary studies are coming out showing that cinnamon can help manage blood sugar levels, so why not whip up a spicy cinnamon tea? Read More By HealthMir, An IT-Healthcare Company
Stop eating processed food. Eat whole, unprocessed foods.
Proteins. Meat, poultry, fish, whey, eggs, cottage cheese, …
Veggies. Spinach, broccoli, salad, kale, cabbage, …
Fruits. Banana, orange, apple, pineapple, pears, …
Fats. Olive oil, fish oil, real butter, nuts, flax seeds, …
Carbs. Brown rice, oats, whole grain pasta, quinoa, … Read More By Jade Peeler
There is a misconception that losing weight fast is bad for you. Keeping weight on is more dangerous. If you read the medical journals you can see that there are more benefits to be gained by losing weight quickly than to keep it on. Read More By Kelly Colby
20 minute walk ( NOT RUN ) everyday. walking or tread mill speed less then 3.0 possibly with incline will burn fat do not run. running will do cardio. you want weight loss. Read More By Jay Lopez
Food is not just calories and macros. Fuel is fuel. You can give it regular gasoline or jet fuel. But more importantly, food is information. It is information for your genes, it has the power to turn beneficial or harmful genes on or off. Read More By Andrew Bayon
I did lose 3 kgs in 4 days safely! That happened out-of-my-expectation when I traveled to Singapore for a 4 – day and 4 night trip on June, 2018. Read More By Sunny Nguyen
There are lots of myths about weight gain, weight loss and dieting, but the most damaging is that it’s all about willpower. “If only I had a stronger willpower”, people say to themselves, “I would eat more healthily and become slim again”. If you believe that then you will also believe that if you are fat then it is all your own fault. Read More By Schmuel Gali Poliakov
People often ask what I did to lose a lot of weight, but few are satisfied with my answer. “I changed my lifestyle,” I say, as they look at me with a blank expression. Read More By Frank Beard
The scientific evidence is clear as can be that cutting calories simply doesn’t lead to long-term weight loss or health gains. We suspect most dieters have realized this by now too. Read More By Jacob Benjamin
7 Things You Can Do To Lose Weight Naturally
Health Disclaimer :
Information provided by Newszii.com does in no way substitute for qualified medical opinion. Any text, videos or any other material provided by us should be considered as generic information only. Any health related information may vary from person to person, hence we advice you to consult specialists for more information.