Published on October 11th, 2021
Sadhguru, the founder of Isha Foundation, is an Indian guru and yogi. He wears both blue jeans and a loincloth with style and comfort. Whether he is walking barefoot in the Himalayas or riding on his BMW motorcycle, he remains happy and content with everything.
Sadhguru cannot be called your average spiritual leader. He does not practice everyday rituals and customs. He uses yogic sciences to alter modern-day living and thus has touched the lives of many people bringing a change to their physical, mental, and spiritual well-being.
If we talk of Sadhguru’s childhood, it is strange that he never showed any interest in the traditional learning methods. As he grew up, he became interested in God and life. But he did not get his spiritual experience until he was 25 years old.
Often Sadhguru would skip classes to go out and revel in nature. During his occasional trips, he developed an affection for nature, particularly the trees. He was fascinated by the movement of trees and then discovered meditation.
Once in 1982, he went up Chamundi hill. While he was sitting on a rock, he discovered what spirituality is. He still refers to that experience as a dimensional shift. He was able to gain a deep understanding of life. He also underwent a significant change in his physical appearance.
Intending to modify life, Sadhguru launched Isha Foundation in 1993. The organization is non-religious, non-profit, and run entirely by volunteers.
Over the past few years, Sadhguru’s reach has spread worldwide. He often speaks at international forums, thus sharing his opinion on environmental protection, education, and economic development. Now his yoga programs are followed in multiple countries like the United States, Singapore, Canada, China, Australia, and Nepal. Sadhguru is a visionary and thus finds no problem in seeking divine help while fulfilling his daily responsibilities.
Become Your Own Master With 51 Sadhguru Quotes
1. “Once your life is your expression of blissfulness, you will not be in conflict with anyone.”
2. “People try to create an outwardly perfect life, but the quality of life is based on the inward.”
3. “I am not talking about you being a spectator… I am talking about involving yourself into life in such a way that you dissolve into it.”
4. “You have too much social influence upon you. You are not going by your own nature.”
5. “Nothing in life is a problem – everything is a possibility.”
6. “If you choose, you can be joyful every moment of your life. It’s time you made your choice.”
7. “Learning to listen is the essence of intelligent living.”
8. “Don’t be dead serious about life. It is just a play.”
9. “Life is at ease. Only the mind can be at tension.”
10. “Are you here to experience life or to think about it?”
11. “Relief from something that you cannot hold within you is always the greatest pleasure, isn’t it? Whatever that thing may be!”
12. “When everything you do is a success, you tend to start believing that the planets revolve around you, not the sun! And”
13. “If you try to make the limited unlimited, you will suffer.”
14. “All we can ever experience happens from within us.”
15. “Literally, yoga means “union.” When you are in yoga, it means that in your experience, everything has become one. This is the essence of the science. This is also its deepest aim.”
16. “When you do not know what to choose, show total involvement in everything.”
17. “You cannot play a game half-heartedly. A game is life at full throttle. Are you game?”
18. “The most beautiful moments in life are moments when you are expressing your joy, not when you are seeking it.”
19. “Morality always differs from person to person, according to time, place, situation—and convenience.”
20. “Belief is just like morality. People who believe something often think they are superior to others.”
21. “Peace and joy are the basic requirements for a life of well-being.”
22. “To be human means you can mold situations you are living in the way you want them.”
23. “It does not matter how large a boundary we set, the moment you become conscious of it, the longing to break it is instinctive.”
24. “It is unfortunate that we have moved from intuition to information.”
25. “The essence of yoga, as we have said before, is just this—to arrive at that moment where there is a clear space between you and your mind.
26. “but being on the spiritual path is not about making life pleasant. It’s about seeing how to transcend both the pleasant and the unpleasant.”
27. “Until we learn to respect our women, until every man learns to respect a woman, he will never know himself; there is no way, because half of him is just that. Indian”
28. “God loves you’ is not significant. If you are in such a way that everybody around you cannot help but fall in love with you – now, that is great!”
29. “We really do not need another nuclear explosion to annihilate life on this planet. Just a successful economy can do it quite effectively!”
30. “The question is, are we using our emotions to entangle ourselves or to liberate ourselves?”
31. “Learning is a natural human trait. When you learn something that you did not know, it should make you joyful. But if learning is making children miserable, then we have not understood how to impart learning.”
32. “The moment you get strongly identified, you lose your perspective on life!”
33. “Yoga is fundamentally aimed at enhancing your experience beyond the five senses.”
34. “The logic is simple: if you do the right things, the right things will happen to you even without your intent. Shiva”
35. “Fruit is the most easily digestible food and all human beings know this instinctively.”
36. “This is the human misfortune that still there’s not enough intelligence in the world that human beings will rise to their peaks when everything is well. They wait for calamities.”
37. “The logical aspect of your life and the experiential dimension of your life are diametrically opposite to each other.”
38. “Creator is just pure intelligence. Intelligence beyond logic is Creator, or what you are referring to as God.”
39. “The hardest life in the world is to be constantly putting yourself out into the world like you are joyful when you are not. When you are not happy, to show everybody that you are happy, it costs phenomenal amount of life.”
40. “Breaking through the cyclical laws of physical nature is the basis of the spiritual process that Adiyogi explored.”
41. “Life is one kind of sound. Death is another kind of sound. Those who cannot hear the sound of death think death is silence. Death is not silence, it is just another kind of sound, but may not within the hearing range of a normal ear.”
42. “All human experience is one hundred percent self-created.”
43. “Your ideas of good and bad are just a certain level of prejudice against life”.”
44. “Any fool will seek liberation when he is suffering. It takes enormous intelligence to seek liberation when everything is going well.”
45. “Your ideas of good and bad are just a certain level of prejudice against life.”
46. “If you want to experience a mountain peak, you either elevate yourself to that level, or simply look up.”
47. “If you can look at everything lovingly, the whole world becomes beautiful in your experience.”
48. “There is a certain space within you which never gets disturbed, which is never in any kind of turmoil; a space which cannot be touched by outside situations.”
49. “in the inner life, there is only one kind of revolution and it is a silent one. It is about moving from unwillingness to willingness.”