August 18th, 2021 | Updated on March 10th, 2022
Science is an important subject and the class 10 science topics hold great importance because it also helps build a strong foundation for higher studies.
Along with that, science can also help you increase your overall performance in the board exams. You should prepare well and study attentively.
To add up to your preparation, here we have summed up some study strategies that can help you ace your science exam. From the beginning to your exam day, we have fully guided strategies for your preparations.
You can begin your preparations by using the following study strategies:
1. Analyze Your Syllabus – The class 10 science syllabus includes chapters related to chemistry such as chemical reactions and equations, acids, bases and salts, carbon and its compounds, etc. Similarly, it contains different chapters related to physics and biology. You should analyze the complete syllabus and start with the chapter that interests you. This will help you create an overall interest in science. This practice will also help you boost your confidence if you start with an easily understandable chapter. Hence, begin with the chapter that seems interesting to you.
2. Know Your Exam Pattern – It is important to get familiar with the exam pattern before starting your preparation because this will help you get clear about the type of questions, the number of short questions, long questions, or multiple-choice questions along with their marks distributions.
3. Make A Daily Schedule – To productively invest your 24 hours of the day, you can begin with making a timetable according to your convenience. You can choose the chapter you want to study on a particular day. You can also choose the time for your study sessions and time for your refreshment breaks. You should always take breaks while studying for better efficiency.
4. Make A List Of All The Equations And Formulas – Some chapters such as chemical reactions and equations, electricity, and others include formulas and equations. For learning those formulas you can list them all together on a sheet of paper and stick that sheet in a place where it is visible to you the whole day. This strategy will make your learning experience easy and better.
5. Study Material – There are various books available for class 6 science but the book that is recommended by CBSE is NCERT. The NCERT book is purely based on the guidelines of the board, so you can prefer NCERT science class 10 books for your exam preparation. You can refer to other books after you have completed NCERT.
6. Watch An Educational Video Related To Your Topic – If you feel fatigued while studying with your pen and paper, you can change the mode of your learning by watching documentaries or educational videos related to your topic. For example, if you have studied the chapter life processes from your book, you can then watch a documentary on the same for better understanding.
7. Study In A Group – Group study can result in a lot of attentive learning but it can also result in wastage of time and energy. So you should choose your group wisely. In group studies, you can find the easiest way of solving your questions with the help of your friends. When you explain a topic to your friends and a friend explains one to you, the chances of understanding and learning increase. This strategy will also help you retain the topics for a longer time.
8. Make Chapter-Wise Notes – Try to attend your classes regularly and note down all the important information being given by your teacher. You can make separate notes of each chapter clearly with proper headings and subheadings so that you can revise easily from your notes.
9. Practice Diagrams With Their Labelling – Some chapters such as life processes, electricity, the human eye and the colorful world contain important diagrams. Diagrams can fetch you more marks if drawn and labelled properly. It is important to practice diagrams along with their proper labels to gain marks in your science exam.
10. Work On Your Presentation Skills – Generally, there are 1-mark multiple-choice questions, 2-mark questions, and 5-mark questions. For the 2-mark and 5-mark questions, you should write the answers properly, to gain marks. Instead of writing in points, try to write your answers in paragraphs. For better presentation, you can make headings and subheadings in your answers. You can also highlight the keywords or the important words by underlining them or using different coloured pens.
You can follow the above-mentioned strategies for your exam preparation throughout the year. Here are some other strategies you can follow a few months before your exam.
1. Revise – The best method to revise the chapters is by reading the notes that you have made throughout the year. You can study the entire syllabus through your notes within a limited duration. Also, pay more attention to the important topics during your revision sessions.
2. Solve previous year’s science question papers – Previous year’s question papers hold great importance for improving performance in the exam. This will help you get more familiar with the exam pattern and the type of questions along with their marks distribution. After solving a question paper, you can analyze your own mistakes, identify the chapters you should improve in and work on your weak areas.
3. Get adequate sleep – Before the day of your exam, you should get adequate sleep so that you wake up energized. Also, do not forget to take your important documents and all the necessary stationery items along with you to the exam hall.
These easy yet helpful tips can help you ace your exams. Do not get stressed about your exam, relax and peacefully begin to prepare and you shall achieve your desired marks. Good luck!