Published on May 7th, 2021
We all are pretty familiar with WhatsApp, and there is no doubt about it. After all, this is one of the most popular messaging apps available out there. However, many WhatsApp users are unaware of many of the features of the app.
In case if the same goes for you, then I am going to share some of the best WhatsApp tips and tricks. So you will be able to use the app more efficiently. Sounds good? So let’s just get into the topic:
1. Find out with whom you chatted the most on WhatsApp
Ever wondered with whom you had the most conversations on WhatsApp? Well, finding it out might be a difficult task for you via YO Whatsapp.
But there is a feature that lets you see the people you have chatted the most with. Also, you can easily know how much storage each person has taken up on your phone.
- To find this out, you will need to follow these steps:
- First of all, from your Android or iOS device, go to settings.
- Then go to storage and data.
- Tap on Manage Storage, and over here, you will see a list of all the contacts that are using the most storage on your device.
2. Quickly delete all WhatsApp media of a specific chat
As you chat with your friends or family members, you exchange a lot of videos, images, stickers, audio files, and so on. And all of these media files can really eat up your phone’s storage.
But the good part is that you can easily delete all messages, photos, videos, audio, locations, contacts, documents, and other files in one chat.
Like you can delete all the messages in a specific chat or group chat. But you can still leave all the photos.
To do so, you will need to follow these steps:
- From your WhatsApp, go to Settings.
- Then Storage and Data > Manage Storage > Select Contact > Manage.
- Now select and place a tick on boxes next to what you want to delete, like videos or images.
- Finally, hit the delete icon to get rid of the media files.
Even it is also possible to sort by which files are taking the most space.
3. Find out how much WhatsApp have used
You can easily find out how much data WhatsApp used. WhatsApp offers you a breakdown of the total number of sent and received messages. Plus, the data sent and received by WhatsApp.
You can find all this information by going to Settings > Storage and Data and then tap on Network Usage.
4. Turn on Disappearing Messages
Disappearing messages is one of the coolest features that WhatsApp has added recently. By enabling it, all your messages in a chat will get disappeared after 7 days.
However, you should know that messages can still be saved elsewhere. To enable this feature, you will need to follow these steps:
- At first, open WhatsApp on your Android or iOS device.
- Then tap on a specific chat.
- Next, tap on the person’s name from the top screen.
- Finally, turn on Disappearing Messages.
5. How to see and turn off last seen
WhatsApp last seen feature can be extremely helpful. It allows you to see when someone last checked WhatsApp. Also, you can allow other users to see when you have last checked your WhatsApp.
If you haven’t disabled the feature, then it will appear under your name at the top of an open chat. But if you don’t want to let others know when you were last online, you can disable it by following the below steps:
- Go to WhatsApp settings.
- Then go to Account > Privacy > Last Seen.
- Now change the setting to Nobody, and your WhatsApp last seen will get disabled.
By enabling this feature, you will also not be able to see others last seen. So do make a note of that.
So those were some of the best WhatsApp tips and tricks. I hope you have learned something new about the Facebook owned messaging app. In case if you have any thoughts to share, do comment below.