August 19th, 2018 | Updated on July 25th, 2020
Pieces of broken glass scattered all over your living room carpet after a tree limb crashed through the window is the last thing anyone wants to deal with. However, the tree limbing project in your garden area is long overdue.
The plants in your garden desperately need more sunlight, which they’re unable to get because the huge tree in your garden is in the way.
However, if you choose to undertake the tree limbing project yourself, you risk finding yourself in the scenario with the shattered glass described above.
Not only will you risk damaging your property, but you’re also likely to expose yourself and others in your home to the risk of severe injury in case your DIY tree limbing goes wrong.
You’re better off hiring professional tree services to do the job. That raises the question: how do you identify the most suitable tree services based on your needs and your budget?
Making sure you hire the best Houston tree services
Needless to say, if it’s not advisable for you to undertake the tree limbing project yourself, it follows that this is also probably not the job for the all-purpose neighborhood handyman you’ve come to rely on for many other tasks.
- To begin with, it is imperative that you choose a tree service that has adequate insurance to cover any accident in case it occurs. Give the insurance company a call to find out exactly what is covered.
- Before hiring a tree service, make sure that they provide you with a free estimate of the cost of the tree limbing service. In addition to the estimate, make sure the company also provides you with a written contract outlining what the tree limbing project entails, and a breakdown of the costs in relation to tasks undertaken.
- If it is important that the appearance and health of the tree being worked on be preserved, always insist that the tree service uses an aerial life or ropes rather than climbing spikes to ascend the tree. Climbing the tree using spikes damages the tree’s cambium. Likewise, if you care about the tree, don’t let anyone talk you into felling it.
- While still assessing various tree services for the job, find out the specifics on how they will deal with a mishap should it occur. For example, in the event that the tree service damages phone wires during the tree limbing process, it should be able to fix the problem. However, an experienced company should have measures in place to avoid such an occurrence from happening in the first place. This is even more important when it comes to electrical wires.
- Carry out research on the basic tasks of tree limbing and the market rates for the services. This way, you can ask intelligent questions regarding the specifics of the services that a particular tree service will offer. Similarly, find out what the market rates are for the services, and determine how much you’re willing to pay before you begin negotiating the price with various tree services.
As with any service, it’s a good idea to get recommendations from family, friends, and colleagues that have used such services, as well as reading reviews by previous customers of the tree services that you’re considering. You may consider using the services of www.thelocaltreeexperts.com