September 5th, 2017 | Updated on June 5th, 2020
Learning is fundamental. Where would you be without all of the great teachers who spent time helping you learn about yourself and the world? Here we have 30 of the Inspiring quotes about teachers, learning, and education.
1. I Cannot Teach Anybody Anything, I Can Only Make Them Think.
2. Education Breeds Confidence. Confidence Breeds Hope. Hope Breeds Peace.
3. Let Us Remember: One Book, One Pen, One Child And One Teacher Can Change The World.
4. I Never Teach My Pupils. I Only Attempt To Provide The Conditions In Which They Can Learn.
5. The Meaning Of Life Is To Find Your Gift. The Purpose Of Life Is To Give It Away.
6. A Teacher Affects Eternity; He Can Never Tell Where His Influence Stops.
7. The Dream Begins, Most Of The Time, With A Teacher Who Believes In You, Who Tugs And Pushes And Leads You On To The Next Plateau, Sometimes Poking You With A Sharp Stick Called Truth.
8. The Test Of A Good Teacher Is Not How Many Questions He Can Ask His Pupils That They Will Answer Readily, But How Many Questions He Inspires Them To Ask Him Which He Finds It Hard To Answer.
9. I Like A Teacher Who Gives You Something To Take Home To Think About Besides Homework.
10. Most Of Us End Up With No More Than Five Or Six People Who Remember Us. Teachers Have Thousands Of People Who Remember Them For The Rest Of Their Lives.
11. There’s No Word In The Language I Revere More Than ‘teacher.’ My Heart Sings When A Kid Refers To Me As His Teacher, And It Always Has. I’ve Honored Myself And The Entire Family Of Man By Becoming A Teacher.
12. Teachers Teach Because They Care. Teaching Young People Is What They Do Best. It Requires Long Hours, Patience, And Care.
13. The Art Of Teaching Is The Art Of Assisting Discovery.
14. Better Than A Thousand Days Of Diligent Study Is One Day With A Great Teacher.
15. It Is A Greater Work To Educate A Child, In The True And Large Sense Of That Phrase, Than To Rule A State.
16. Education Is Not The Filling Of A Pail, But The Lighting Of A Fire.
17. I Have Come To Believe That A Great Teacher Is A Great Artist And That There Are As Few As There Are Any Other Great Artists. Teaching Might Even Be The Greatest Of The Arts Since The Medium Is The Human Mind And Spirit.
18. Teaching Is The Greatest Act Of Optimism.
19. The Dream Begins, Most Of The Time, With A Teacher Who Believes In You, Who Tugs And Pushes And Leads You On To The Next Plateau, Sometimes Poking You With A Sharp Stick Called Truth.
20. Education Is Not The Filling Of A Pail, But The Lighting Of A Fire.
21. Education Is Not Preparation For Life; Education Is Life Itself.
22. The Mediocre Teacher Tells. The Good Teacher Explains. The Superior Teacher Demonstrates. The Great Teacher Inspires.
23. In a completely rational society, the best of us would be teachers and the rest of us would have to settle for something less.
24. Teachers, I Believe, Are The Most Responsible And Important Members Of Society Because Their Professional Efforts Affect The Fate Of The Earth.
25. When You Study Great Teachers…you Will Learn Much More From Their Caring And Hard Work Than From Their Style.
26. You Can’t Stop A Teacher When They Want To Do Something. They Just Do It.
27. It Is The Supreme Art Of The Teacher To Awaken Joy In Creative Expression And Knowledge.
28. What We Learn With Pleasure We Never Forget.
29. Anyone Who Does Anything To Help A Child In His Life Is A Hero To Me.