May 3rd, 2017 | Updated on June 3rd, 2020
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. ― Augustine of Hippo
If you’re stuck in a rut in your daily life, Or you’re yearning for something exciting and different, or you’re craving new experiences and new challenges, traveling gives you new experiences, it helps you explore, discover yourself and learn something new.
Whatever your reason for traveling may be, there is one thing certain about traveling: it will bring you new insight, perspective, and experience that you never you were capable of having.
If you’re still not convinced and ready to travel, we’ve curated some of the best inspirational travel quotes that will surely motivate you to pack up everything and head out into the unknown, to explore the farthest reaches of our planet and your soul, to see the world for what it really is.
Browse these little bite-sized pieces of travel wisdom when you need the motivation to make travel a priority in your life.
1. The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. ― Marcel Proust
2. Travel Far Enough, You Meet Yourself. ― David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
3. Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost. ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
4. Sometimes It’s Worth Lingering On The Journey For A While Before Getting To The Destination. ― Richelle Mead, The Indigo Spell
5. A Traveler Without Observation Is A Bird Without Wings.— Moslih Eddin Saadi Aristotle
6. To Travel Is To Discover That Everyone Is Wrong About Other Countries. – Aldous Huxley
7. You Don’t Have To Be Rich To Travel Well. – Eugene Fodor
8. Travel Is More Than The Seeing Of Sights; It Is A Change That Goes On, Deep And Permanent, In The Ideas Of Living.” – Miriam Beard
9. Do Not Follow Where The Path May Lead. Go Instead Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail – Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. Travel Not For The Destination But For The Joy Of The Journey. – Sir Joseph Fresco
11. A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Must Begin With A Single Step. – Lao Tzu
12. Two Roads Diverged In A Wood And I — I Took The One Less Traveled By. – Robert Frost
13. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before. – Dalai Lama
14. A Good Traveler Has No Fixed Plans And Is Not Intent On Arriving. ― Lao Tzu
15. The Mind Can Never Break Off From The Journey. ― Pat Conroy
16. A Good Traveler Leaves No Tracks. Good Speech Lacks Fault-finding. ― Lao Tzu
17. Every Day Is A Journey, And The Journey Itself Is Home. ― Bashō Matsuo
18. To Travel Hopefully Is Better Than To Have Arrived. ― Robert Louis Stevenson
19. All Journeys Have Secret Destinations Of Which The Traveler Is Unaware. — Martin Buber
20. Some People Swallow The Universe Like A Pill; They Travel On Through The World, Like Smiling Images Pushed From Behind. — Robert Louis Stevenson
21. Though We Travel The World Over To Find The Beautiful, We Must Carry It With Us Or We Find It Not. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. Travel Can Be One Of The Most Rewarding Forms Of Introspection. — Lawrence Durrell
23. Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost. ― J.R.R. Tolkien
24. The World Is A Book And Those Who Do Not Travel Read Only One Page. ― Augustine of Hippo
Source: goodreads.com, Images: pixabay.com