September 25th, 2020 | Updated on January 14th, 2021
If you’re interested in game development and aspire to have a career making video games, this course will help maximise your chances of finding opportunities, getting interviews and dominating the job application process in order to land your dream job in the video game industry.
No matter what role you’re interested in (programmer / developer, artist, designer, producer, QA tester and so on) and what experience level you currently have (from “none” to “a lot”), this course takes you through all of the fundamentals (eg. building your resume, writing cover letters, creating a portfolio, crafting your LinkedIn profile) and dozens of insider tips and strategies that 95% of your job-hunting competitors are not (yet) using.
The course is perfect for people who are self-taught from taking courses, those who are soon-to-be and recent graduates, people who are switching careers or industry veterans looking for a change or promotion.
What You’ll Learn
- Stand out from other candidates and get interviews for video game jobs no matter which role you are interested in.
- Create winning Resumes, Cover Letters, Portfolios and LinkedIn profiles specifically tailored to the Video Game Industry.
- Dominate in interviews by using specific, proven tactics and strategies.
- Take action to get relevant video game industry experience (even if you have no experience to start with).
- Create your personal brand in order to make it very clear to employers why you should be hired.
- Create Proof-of-Value “Artifacts” that will make you stand out more than any other candidate and get your application to the top of the pile.
- Use LinkedIn to easily Network with the right industry professionals (ie. Decision Makers who can give you a job)
- Find (and create!) job opportunities anywhere in the world.
- Be passionate about wanting to work in the video game industry
- Have some basic game creation skill or knowledge – for example, some skills in 2D art or 3D art, programming, game design, project management, audio design, game testing, community management, and so on.
This Course Includes
- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
Who This Course Is For
- Anyone who is serious about finding work in the video game industry.
- Students who already have some basic video game skill or training (for example, have completed an art diploma or a game design program or a computer science degree or have made some of their own games for fun or have played many games and are good at explaining the design of those games).
- The course is most valuable for those folks who are ready to start looking for jobs now, or will be ready within the next 6 months.