April 9th, 2021 | Updated on April 15th, 2021
Camera app, photo editor, collage maker — all rolled into one. That’s what Pixlr is. Whit powerful tools and features, Pixlr is the undisputed leader in the online photo editor segment. Its simple user interface is another attraction for users who need and basic as well as advanced editing.
Pros & Cons Of Pixlr
- It is a great app for both: beginner photo editors and more experienced people.
- It has intuitive photo editing and graphical design with AI-powered tools.
- Its powerful editor opens almost any image format such as PSD (Photoshop), PXD, JPEG, PNG (transparent), WebP, SVG and more
- It allows you to start either from an empty canvas or select one of its professionally crafted templates.
- One click is all it takes to remove backgrounds perfectly from your photos.
- The powerful online photo editor can also work on your mobile
- It is perfect for quick, playful edits
But, Pixlr is not without demerits. Many users complain about its Help section. At times, Pixlr Help can’t even answer a simple question such as “How to download Pixlr’s Grabber”.
- It doesn’t support BMP and Tiff format. You need auto photo extension converter tool.
- Many users say that it is not close enough to photoshop and lightroom
- It also lacks some handy tools like clone and healing.
What Are Alternatives To Pixlr?
Pixlr is great software, still, many people search for Pixlr alternatives for the features that can be very important to their needs.
QwikBanners, GIMP, Polarr, Lightroom, Adobe Spark are some of the similar tools as Pixlr. They are also good Pixlr aleternatives for those who want explore other Graphic Design Software.
Is Pixlr Editor Safe?
Pixlr Editor is not just another photo editing software. Its features are more advanced than many desktop photo apps.
You should not worry about the safety of your images. Pixlr keeps all your images safe. You can open your files directly from your computers, tablets and phones. Pixlr does not store perpetual copies of the images uploaded by you. Pixlr can also run on any browser on any operating system.
Is Pixlr As Good As Photoshop?
Pixlr should never be compared to Adobe Photoshop. Pixlr is free, open-source software, whereas Adobe is a comprehensive, professional editing studio. Adobe is not free.
Although Pixlr is free, but with this, you can do many of the same things. Pixlr is not as comprehensive as Adobe. People who need a simple mobile-like interface for faster use will find Pixlr better than Adobe.
This list has the ten best Pixlr Alternatives which help you find the best tool that can suit your specific reuirements elated to photo editing.
This is a free image editor with limited simple functions that you can use online. Some users even call it a Photoshop Online Editor because you can edit .psd (photoshop format), .xd and .raw files, as well as other popular image formats right in your browser.
This online tool is very simple and cannot be comparable to Photoshop.
GIMP is a cross-platform image editor available for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows and more operating systems. It is free software, you can change its source code and distribute your changes.
Whether you are a graphic designer, photographer, illustrator, or scientist, GIMP provides you with sophisticated tools to get your job done. You can further enhance your productivity with GIMP thanks to many customization options and 3rd party plugins.
It provides the tools needed for high quality image manipulation. From retouching to restoring to creative composites, the only limit is your imagination.
It is used for producing icons, graphical design elements, and art for user interface components and mockups.
It provides extensibility through integration with many programming languages including Scheme, Python, Perl, and more.
Fotor’s online picture editor is fundamentally Photoshop online. With its online photo editing suite, you can easily adjust color, size, light and more. It also provides HDR effects for advanced editing needs.
All the exclusive and amazing photo effects on Fotor’s image editor are created by our talented team of designers. A large selection of photo filters can give you the magic touch to edit your photos the way you want.
- Just drag and drop. Your photos can be easily set into designs with a preset shape of your choice.
- Access a large selection of fonts that span multiple styles to match the design you envision. Manage easily with a range of text options.
- Drop shadow, align, distribute, transparency, clone, color picker.
- It has got all the handy tools you need for quick and easy designs.
There’s no limit to what you can do, with smart editing and step-by-step guides making it all possible. You can easily edit, create, organise and share your photos—and turn your favourite memories into forever keepsakes.
From basic adjustments to artistic creations, you’re covered with 58 Guided Edits. Achieve the look you want without any guesswork. Just follow the steps and learn as you go.
Thanks to Adobe Sensei AI technology, you can also find your photos and videos in a snap using Smart Tags, facial recognition and more. Plus, your catalogue structure is automatically backed up for easy recovery—so you can work worry-free.
Affinity Photo has become the first choice for photography and creative professionals around the world, who love its speed, power and precision. Born to work hand-in-hand with the latest powerful computer technology, it’s the only fully-loaded photo editor integrated across macOS, Windows and iOS.
Whether you want to make quick corrections, or spend time on a detailed retouch, Affinity Photo has a complete set of retouching tools and dedicated features to help.
- Smooth and retouch skin with frequency separation
- Dodge, burn, clone, patch and blemish removal tools
- Dedicated liquify workspace for sculpting features
- Remove unwanted objects with the magical inpainting brush
- Correct colour casts, enhance infrared imagery and augment live filters with new divide blend mode
6. Luminar 4
Luminar contains exclusive tools for you to create unbelievable masterpieces in Travel, Landscape, Portrait, or other genres of photography.
- Everything in Luminar was designed to make it as flawless as possible. Just launch the app and start creating.
- With Landscape Enhancer toolset it takes few slides to add more charm to your landscapes.
- Apply Dehaze to restore depth and color.
- Add warm sunlight with Golden Hour. Works perfectly on landscapes or outdoor portraits.
- Improve colors of plants, trees or flowers with Foliage Enhancer.
Photopea is an advanced image editor, which can work with both raster and vector graphics. You can use it for simple tasks, such as resizing images, as well as complex tasks, such as designing webpages, creating illustrations, processing photographs and more.
- Right now, Photopea works with the sRGB color space (the basic color space for the web), with the 8-bit color depth. All exported files use sRGB, too.
- Photopea editor works in a web browser. It can be started by going to www.Photopea.com. Photopea can run on any device (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone or any other computer), but for the best comfort.
- Photopea runs completely in your device, just like Sketch or Photoshop do. It does not upload any of your files to the internet.
Online photo editor that can be utilized in creating logos from photos. Works on Mac and Windows as well as web.
Design of its user dashboard is so stylish and simple and designed with few buttons that anyone with the least computer knowledge can start working with it. It has professional filters and the Retouches feature
Ribbet puts hundreds of customizable collage layouts at your fingertips with its Grid Collage maker. Insert cells and customize your grid borders.
Create beautiful looking designs immediately with its unique, hand-picked range of Fancy Card templates. Simply customize your text and photos to share online or print at home.
Ribbet’s mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android lets you edit like a pro, on the go.
You don’t need to be a Photoshop expert to have fun editing your digital photos. With piZap you can start right away without ever reading a manual or taking a class.
The fun doesn’t stop with eding photos and making collages. Use piZap to make hilarious MEME’s, design custom emoji, and slice and dice photos with the Cut-Out Tool.