July 11th, 2020 | Updated on June 28th, 2022
We state that Virtual and Augmented technologies may change the sphere of education.
The appearance of computers, the development of AI, and Siri make huge steps to transform the educational system but require a lot of effort and costs. Are these steps positive or negative?
Let’s observe the pros and cons of VR and AR implementation. Some establishments replace typed tasks instead of handwritten. But no all can apply this technology cause of a lack of investments or different financial problems.
Computers can always provide new info for users, but everybody cannot get it.
Now we think about the way VR and AR go through while being implemented in schooling. The given technologies are ready to transform the education system, but the infrastructure of education doesn’t have enough possibilities to provide good equipment.
The virtual hi-tech requires a high-performance computer for every student to get the goals. But the reality is that every student cannot have a powerful computer to make progressive things by VR and education.
We consider VR as the model of professional studying. Some students may perceive the info better by practicing instead of listening.
VR can help them study in that manner people want. Practice creates experience and knowledge. Students can research any kind of science and visualize everything learned.
If there are some problems with VR implementation, it doesn’t mean that AR technology has the same obstacles.
AR may be used due to smartphones. It is effective and convenient. Only some devices can show wonderful transformations in the educational system.
Modern tendencies promise that VR and AR take their roots into any aspect of daily human life. One can notice their influence in such spheres as medicine, business, and healthcare.
The Pros And Cons Of VR And AR Technologies
Accessibility. Virtual reality has the technological power to make people share their moments and experience and unite for one goal.
VR creates a specialized environment, which can be not available for all students. Different layers of people may practice any kind of entertainment or sport to understand what it is.
VR and AR devices can immerse themselves in virtual reality but not fully. The human mind can feel the difference between the unreal surrounding area and reality.
Many challenges and problems connected with health or inability to be present in class may be easily solved by VR and AR.
Related Article: Digitalization Of Production: Why Does The Industry Need VR/AR Technologies?
VR And AR Technologies The Personal Preferences
The hi-tech is open for either perfect students or lazy ones. For someone, VR and AR can create challenges to improve their skills.
For another, they stimulate to do something new and interesting. But this possibility costs expensive for average users. The educational material with connective elements can encourage students and teachers to work together.
The Price Is Expensive
The cost of VR equipment is high and has different levels of complexity that the majority of companies can’t ready to pay more.
AR can change the approach people investigate the world with their smartphones. VR does it completely.
The goal may be reached if any participant in education can use the VR or AR equipment separately. With the following decade, the price becomes low.
The Way Of Use
No matter how powerful AR and VR are, it is important to implement the technologies right and for educational purposes instead of entertainment and useless waste of time.
That remark also concerns safety and health. Virtual reality potential helps people to learn effectively and basically.
There are only some obstacles to overcome to implement the virtual education system in life everywhere.
Institutions and spheres where VR and AR are useful:
- Law Practice : In law practice, VR and AR can represent the examples of trials, the way they take place, and the conditions the cases are observed.
- Libraries And Publication : In libraries, students can find the info required for learning. But how does one find the appropriate book in the millions of shelves? Learners can read the necessary copies by the VR headset.
- Medicine : In medicine sphere, VR and AR can deeply show the details of the profession. Anatomy and its peculiarities are observed. The innovative technologies also reproduce different situations and students can practice their skills and methods without any risks.
- Engineering : This sphere takes a special place in the development of VR and AR. Any detail is important and requires extraordinary attention and experience not to make a mistake. The main goal of the job is to provide all designs in two or three dimensions. Any component in the process is important. Students can visualize what they create. It is a great advantage.
- Arts And Science : In this sphere, VR and AR can demonstrate a full specter of possibilities. Students can observe the creative process of artist’s work, understand the inspiration of authors, and immerse themselves in the world of art and beauty even sitting at home.
- Marketing And Trade : The hi-tech can explain to the students the subject matters, peculiarities, risks, limits, obstacles, and solutions on how to get success. Everyone can test themselves to realize their potential and chances.
- VR/AR And Motivation : For teachers, it is essential to encourage students to study something new, interesting, and entertaining in their subject. VR and AR may find easy solutions for this problem by different practices appropriate for particular cases. The innovations can help them understand the best way how to get knowledge and make it fun and breathtaking. This experience is surely memorized forever.
Surely, virtual and augmented realities impact on so complicated process as studying. Some aspects become easy, some problems disappear. People receive colossal motivation and inspiration.
The technology possibilities open new ways of human brain development and improvement. But their use can have a backside.
It connects with the thoughtless waste of time and money. The perspectives for education are limitless.
The one thing all institutions should do in this case is to find ways to provide enough equipment for students. And you, reader, use VR and AR right, live and prosper.