January 16th, 2017 | Updated on July 13th, 2021
Travelling is not just about seeing new places, new people, new cultures. It is also about breaking free from the routine life. It is about stepping out of out comfort zones and rediscovering ourselves. Travelling opens your horizons. You step into a completely new world that may be well out of your comfort zone. Travel will make you a complete human being. It will also help you learn who you are.
Here we have compiled more than 55 inspirational travel quotes for you:
1. You need not even listen, just wait…the world will offer itself freely to you, unmasking itself.
2. We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment. – Hilaire Belloc
3. Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world. – Gustave Flaubert
4. Time flies. It’s up to you to be the navigator. – Robert Orben
5. Take the time to put the camera away and gaze in wonder at what’s there in front of you. – Erick Widman
6. Travelling tends to magnify all human emotions – Peter Hoeg
7. Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow – Anita Desai
8. You don’t have to be rich to travel well – Eugene Fodor
9. Life is short and the world is wide – Simon Raven
10. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before – Dalai Lama
11. The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page – Saint Augustine
12. So much of who we are, is where we have been – William Langwiesche
13. Travel far enough, you meet yourself – David Mitchell
14. Work, Travel, Save, Repeat – Unknown
15. Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret – Oscar Wilde
16. To move, to breathe, to fly, to float; to gain all while you give; to roam the roads of lands remote; to travel is to live.
17. For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.
18. He who does not travel does not know the value of men.
19. Bizarre travel plans are dancing lessons from God.
20. Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse.
21. A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.
22. Not all those who wander are lost.
23. Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.
24. Once a year go somewhere you have never been before.
25. Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.
26. To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
27. Paris is always a good idea.
28. If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home.
29. Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you traveled.
30. The open road is a beckoning, a strangeness, a place where a man can lose himself.
31. This heart of mine was made to travel the world.
32. A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.
33. He who is outside his door has the hardest part of his journey behind him.
34. A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.
35. Travel teaches toleration.
36. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
37. The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.
38. The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
39. I don’t know where i am going but I’m on my way.
40. A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
41. I haven’t been everywhere but it’s on my list.
42. To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.
43. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page — Saint Augustine
44. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all” ~ Helen Keller
45. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.” ~ Mark Twain
46. Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” ~ Hemmingway
47. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it’s lethal” ~ Paul Coelho
47. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey” ~ Babs Hoffman
48. “Jobs fill your pocket but adventures fill your soul.” ~ Jamie Lyn Beatty
49. “Don’t worry about the world ending today, it’s already tomorrow in Australia.” ~ Charles M. Schulz
50. “A Journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you can control it. ” ~ John Steinbeck
51. “I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places” ~ Henny Youngman
52. “Jet Lag is for Amateurs.” ~ Dick Clark
53. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” ~Andre Gide