August 9th, 2018 | Updated on June 3rd, 2020
At the heart of life lie the relationships we have with other people. This is 31 of the most thought-provoking, touching, inspiring and helpful quotes on relationships.
1. There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement and acceptance.
2. Two people in love, alone, isolated from the world, that’s beautiful.
3. So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.
4. As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
5. You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.
6. Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.
7. If I had a flower for every time I thought of you … I could walk through my garden forever.
8. Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.
9. One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
10. Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.
11. They say when you are missing someone that they are probably feeling the same, but I don’t think it’s possible for you to miss me as much as I’m missing you right now.
12. She was ready to deny the existence of space and time rather than admit that love might not be eternal.
13. I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.
14. A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself — to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart.
15. When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.
16. If you would be loved, love, and be loveable.
17. They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.
18. People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.
19. You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.
20. For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
21. Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
22. A good word is an easy obligation; but not to speak ill requires only our silence; which costs us nothing.
23. Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.
24. A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.
25. Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.
26. When a woman is talking to you, listen to what she says with her eyes.
27. We can improve our relationships with others by leaps and bounds if we become encouragers instead of critics.
28. Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
29. We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all.
30. The royal road to a man’s heart is to talk to him about the things he treasures most.
31. It is of practical value to learn to like yourself. Since you must spend so much time with yourself you might as well get some satisfaction out of the relationship.