It’s the rare couple that doesn’t run into a few bumps in the road. If you recognize ahead of time, though, what those relationship problems might be, you’ll have a much better chance of getting past them. All relationship problems stem from poor communication.
Scroll Down For The Video
They hang in there, tackle problems, and learn how to work through the complex issues of everyday life. These 20 solutions that can save a relationship. Take a look.
1. Open Your Ears to Your Partner :Do not be dismissive but listen to the complaints and concerns your partner has about your behavior or the health of the relationship. This will help you to know how they feel about you so that you can correct your mistakes and make amends, if you are doing something your partner does not like.
2. Be Positive: Take inspiration from the fact that once it has worked before in the past, it can work again. Relax and take life one day at a time. Imagine the best and refuse to give in to thoughts which tell you that it is all over. Hope things will change for the better so that you can keep your spirit up.
3. Communicate Effectively: Talk to your partner in a polite and humble manner. Make eye contact when you are speaking to your partner. Listen with all ears when your partner is talking to you. Discuss any issues that may have led your partner to consider divorce and give assurances as to what you will do differently to make your partner feel happy in the relationship so that he or she will be willing to continue with the relationship.
4. Discuss the Changes You Have to Make in the Relationship: Do not blame your partner for the state in which your relationship is. Instead write down all the ways you think your partner has contributed to make the relationship a bad one. Moreover, write down what you have also done to cause problems in the relationship. Discuss what you have written, discuss how you can make changes to your behavior and things you must do differently so that the relationship can go on
5. Power of a hug/ Touch : Sometimes holding hands or a bear hug can ease the worries of your partner too. Try these and see, if it works in your favor.
6. Prioritize : Yes. Sometimes, we forget to show our partner that they mean a lot to us. The daily hustle bustle of our lives snatch away our peace of mind. It is important to make small efforts in the right direction. ie: call up the person, if they like surprises (maybe plan something special for them.) This would create a positive impact in your partner’s mind.
7. Try a new hobby/trip together : Planning out a trip together gives you more of that together time along with the sight & pleasure of a new place. It would also be great if you can find some hobby that interests both of you and pursue it together to create that spark in your relationship.
8.Re-evaluate the reasons you’re together. Go back to the beginning. Ask yourself: What drew me to this person to begin with? What qualities did they possess that I found valuable? What made them so amazing? And are they still? Reevaluating the reasons you came together reminds you of the reasons to stay together, and this strengthens your already-existing foundation. Ask your partner what they love and don’t love about you; be open to constructive criticism and self-improvement.
9. Do something special together. Perhaps you two have a favorite restaurant you haven’t visited in ages, or you can return to the place where you first fell in love? Being in a physical space where you have powerful memories of strong attachment can reignite passion. Or, you can try something you’ve never tried before. The excitement of something new produces serotonin and dopamine in our brains. It doesn’t have to be something extraordinary; even sitting on a park bench watching the children play as you hold hands can be magical if love exists. The important thing is that you stop talking about taking that vacation, or trying that new spot, and follow through on your intention to reconnect together.
10. Shift the focus from saving your relationship to doing something productive together. It could be anything – reading book, hiking, exploring each other’s sexuality- that itself is huge, cooking, making money together etc.
11. Make an actual appointment with each other
12. If you can’t “communicate” without raising your voices, go to a public spot.
13. Set up some rules.
14. Use body language to show you’re listening.
15. Learn what truly turns you and your partner on.
16. If your sexual relationship problems can’t be resolved on your own. Go for help
17. Don’t approach the subject in the heat of battle.
18. Be honest about your current financial situation.
19. Construct a joint budget that includes savings
20. Be honest with yourself
Watch 6 Questions that Will Save Your Relationships Video
Video: YouTube channel: Marc Chernoff