December 24th, 2018 | Updated on December 9th, 2020
Christmas is the time of joy. It is the time of festivity. Amid these joyous gala times, we must remember that it is also the time of forgiveness and gratitude. It is the time for food as well as food for thought.
This is where the joyous Christmas quotes come in. They motivate us and inspire us. They change our mood and transform our thought.
Christmas quotes make us generous in heart as they fill our minds with sublime thoughts of joy and happiness.
These quotes can even transform our life towards true Christian spirit which is all about love and generosity. These quotes should be a part of the Christmas decor. They should adorn our living room and drawing room. They can be pinned anywhere including the Christmas trees.
Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.”
-These words of Calvin Coolidge, the 30th U.S. President nearly summarizes everything about Christmas spirit.
We’ve curated some joyous Christmas quotes as well as some very traditional Christmas quotes. These quotes will help you get into the spirits of Christmas.
1. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas; soon the bells will start, and the thing that will make them ring is the carol that you sing right within your heart
2. Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas
3. It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air
4. Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful
5. Christmas now surrounds us, happiness is everywhere our hands are busy with many tasks as carols fill the air
6. Each sight, each sound of Christmas and fragrances sublime make hearts and faces happy this glorious Christmastime
7. Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!
8. Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts
9. Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen
10. I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month
11. Christmas is the season of joy, of holiday greetings exchanged, of gift-giving, and of families united
12. Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most
13. The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other
14. Probably the reason we all go so haywire at Christmas time with the endless unrestrained and often silly buying of gifts is that we don’t quite know how to put our love into words
15. For centuries men have kept an appointment with Christmas. Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home
16. I love the Christmas-tide, and yet, I notice this, each year I live; I always like the gifts I get, but how I love the gifts I give
17. Mankind is a great, an immense family. This is proved by what we feel in our hearts at Christmas
18. Christmas is not a time or a season but a state of mind. To cherish peace and good will, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas
19. I don’t think Christmas is necessarily about things. It’s about being good to one another, it’s about the christian ethic, it’s about kindness
20. May Christmas lend a special charm to all you chance to do. And may the season light your way to hopes and dreams anew
21. I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year
22. Bless us lord, this Christmas, with quietness of mind; teach us to be patient and always to be kind
23. Christmas day is a day of joy and charity. May god make you very rich in both
24. Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone
25. Christmas, my child, is love in action
26. My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that
Watch The Video