March 2nd, 2021 | Updated on June 27th, 2022
You may have heard the term ‘white glove’ and assumed it has something to do with technology and when paired with ‘logistics’, you have a sector that transports, installs and maintains technical equipment across a wide range of industries. We are surrounded by digital tech; ATMs, digital vending machines and touch-screen information boards are just some of the equipment that is handled by the white glove logistics provider.
White Glove Services
Take a leading white glove logistics UK company such as Rhenus High Tech as an example; this provider offers the following services:
- Final Mile Delivery – The equipment is received a short distance from its final resting place and the white glove technicians are responsible for positioning the equipment, securing and setting up the equipment, ready for final testing and calibration for use.
- Data Centres – The white glove technicians can build, relocate and remove data centres and they are manufacturer-approved and are able to configure the system and bring it online. The white glove team provide a comprehensive service, which includes WEEE disposal, should it be required.
- IT Hardware Replacement – Large companies replace all their IT hardware every 2-3 years and it is a major project to replace the IT hardware across the UK, which would be something the white glove team can easily handle. The new hardware is configured ready for use and old hardware is disposed of responsibly.
- ATM Installation, Replacement & Maintenance – Every single ATM in the UK was installed by white glove technicians, who also service and maintain the equipment and are security approved to handle large amounts of cash. Click here for some amazing things about technology that you probably didn’t know.
- Fitness Equipment – Next time you work out in your local gym, take a look at the state-of-the-art equipment, as installing this would be the domain of the white glove technicians, who are able to train staff how to manage the network. It is likely that the company would be contracted to service the equipment as and when required.
- Medical Equipment – MRI and CAT scanners are bulky and very expensive, requiring specialist handling and installation and the manufacturer would not allow any unauthorised personnel to handle the equipment.
- Digital Signage – We see digital advertising boards everywhere, while touch-screen information boards and vending machines are also installed and maintained by the white glove team. When you visit a museum next, take a look at the touch-screen information screens that provide you with essential information about the various exhibits.
- Access Control Systems – These are found at train stations, sports arenas and other places where access must be managed and when the system malfunctions, a white glove emergency team are called out to carry out immediate repairs. Crowd control is often required and the white glove technicians are approved to install and repair all forms of crowd access control systems.
If you require white glove logistics, a Google search will bring up a list of leading UK company and they would be happy to quote for any project.