What do real women do to look beautiful? To find out, we went online and asked our favorite bloggers for their best beauty secrets. Here are their top, go-to strategies for gorgeous hair, glowing skin and marvelous makeup. Thanks, ladies! There are about a million beauty tips floating around out there on the internet—but that definitely doesn’t mean we should be following every single one of them.
1. Always keep your summer makeup minimal. Minimal and sheer makeup is the way to go when it’s hot and muggy outside.
2. A good perfume should consist of balanced blend of notes arranged in a way that creates harmonious accord.
3. Eat Well Include lots of fruits and veggies in your diet. Fresh fruits and vegetable salads will help your body to get rid of toxins. This will help reveal healthy skin.
4. Take Vitamin C and Vitamin E supplements to ensure that your skin is strong and maintains its elasticity. These vitamins produce collagen which helps maintain the skin elasticity for a longer time.
5. You don’t need to buy expensive face masks off the shelves or head to the spa. A great way to indulge in some naturally beneficial skin treatment is to use ingredients from your kitchen.
6. Facials are a great way to keep your skin looking young and radiant. Even if your schedule is hectic, make the time to go to a spa for a facial at least once a month. It will do wonders for your skin and you will feel the dramatic change in your skin texture.
7. Walk for 30 minutes or just hit the gym. Indulging in regular exercise will not only cleanse your skin but will also nourish your blood cells. This further helps to flush out the waste products from your skin. Exercising regularly helps reduce stress, prevents acne and will keep you healthy overall.
8. To prevent hair color from fading in the summer months, use a conditioning treatment weekly or bi-monthly.
9.Breakout before a big event? “Take oral cortisone a few days before the event to clear your skin.
10. Be Healthy, For those who cannot give it up, reduce your smoking and intake of alcohol. These are known to pump in toxins in your body causing your skin to look unhealthy. Cut down on the same and your skin will surely benefit.
11. Use a night cream that will take of your skin as you sleep. Night creams are known to hydrate the skin and help reduce patchy skin.
12. Eye Cream, 30’s is the time when fine lines and wrinkles start to appear. Use a good quality night cream that not only helps reduce these fine lines but will also keep those dark circles away. Invest in a good eye cream to take care of those fine lines that first appear around the eyes.
13. Your face is not the only area that needs care. To get beautiful skin all over, make sure that you apply body lotion all over your body twice a day. Concentrate on areas that are prone to dryness such as your elbows, knees, heels, etc.
14. It is a skin care routine that everyone should practice. Keep your skin hydrated with a great moisturizer that is richer than the ones that you used while you were in your 20s. Using a serum with your moisturizer can also help in providing hydration to your skin. It helps in removing fine lines, dark circles, open pores, etc.
15. To keep your skin hydrated from within, drink plenty of water every day. Experts recommend drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. It is essential not just for a healthy body but beautiful skin as well.
16. In order to keep eyeliner from running and smearing, opt for liner formulas that offer stayproof wearability.
17. Always allow about two fingers from your nose to where blush starts.
18. Make sure you hydrate the skin and put on a primer.”— Jessie Powers, makeup artist and national educator for Make Up For Ever
19. Balance out your shimmer. If you’re doing a shimmery eye, opt for a matte lipstick.”— Raychel Wade, founder of Cheek to Chic and La Prairie’s colour ambassador
20. Brush out your curls with your fingers to give your hair a more tousled look.
21. To make your manicure last, apply a thin layer of clear every two days. Pay particular attention to the free edge at the top of your nails, where chips usually happen, and apply extra clear polish there.
22. Wear white eyeliner in your water line to make eyes appear less red.
23. Take a shimmery gloss to the center of your lips, top and bottom—this will attract light to your lips, making them look pouty.
24. For slicked back hair, use a hair serum.
25. For the perfect cat-eye, “select a thin liner brush that is tapered to the point” and use a gel eyeliner for extra saying power.
26. To make your cheek bones appear higher, use bronzer under the cheekbone and highlighter on the actual cheekbone, and remember to blend. Contouring at its finest!
27. Before you blow dry, start with a volumizing spray or light gel to give the roots some lift. Pull the brush up towards the ceiling to really boost volume.
28. For fuller lips, extend the lip line using a flesh tone lip liner. Be careful not to go overboard.
29. The one reason for flaky mascara is that the formula is too dry or old. Make sure to close mascara after use to help keep its moisture. To extend the life a bit, add 2-3 drops of saline solution into the tube and swirl the brush around.
30. To fake clear skin when you notice a pimple, “Apply tea tree oil as soon as you spot it”— Stephanie Flor, makeup artist.
31. It’s easy to forget that feet can get sunburned. Be sure to apply sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 50 when barefoot.
Watch 10 Girl Beauty Tips & Secrets