February 20th, 2017 | Updated on March 15th, 2023
As we know welcoming a baby is a magical time for any family. But some aspects of the experience are less enchanting than others, the endless stream of dirty nappies being one.
But the parents of the cute, funny baby stars of this online gallery spied a silver lining – the comical faces that babies pull when nature calls.
These tots’ mums and dads couldn’t resist reaching for the camera phone to capture little ones’ hilarious expressions, which range from confused, to strain, to plain shocked.
Ah, the joys of parenthood! One of the most memorable moments of raising a newborn is undoubtedly changing their nappies. And while it may not always be a pleasant experience, it can certainly be hilarious.
In this post, we’ll explore 20 of the funniest strained faces that newborns make as they fill their nappies. Get ready to laugh out loud!
1. It’s the most natural thing in the world – but this baby looks confused regardless
2. This little lady was going cross-eyed from the effort
3. This little trooper manages to look adorable even when filling their nappy
4. Spying this expression on a tot’s face might spark a row between parents over who is on nappy changing duty
5. Newborn babies spend most of their time sleeping, eating or pooping – and we all know which of the three is happening in this snap
6. When you’re this tiny, even going to the toilet requires a mammoth effort
7. Plenty of the babies featured in the online gallery look quite tearful as a result of their efforts
8. This cheeky little one looks coy as he allows nature to take its course
9. This baby’s parents couldn’t resist reaching for the camera phone to capture the moment
10. The online gallery features babies’ strained expressions as nature calls
11. This tot looks pretty pleased with himself regardless
12. This baby looks quizzical as she works on doing her business
13. Expressions range from pained, to tearful, to strained, to in the case of this baby, plain shocked
14. This cute baby almost looks close to tears through the effort of it all
15. This little lad looks particularly unimpressed
16. The expression on some of the babies’ faces suggests it had come as something of a surprise
17. It’s hard to tell if this baby is upset by his bowels or the bizarre array of patterns around him
18. This baby celebrated reaching the grand old age of three months with a poop picture
19. This tiny newborn was already ready to get down to business
20. A little dribble escaped this baby’s mouth as he strained to let nature take its course