February 22nd, 2017 | Updated on February 26th, 2024
When it comes to snacking within an hour or two of your bedtime, there are a few things to consider: First, research does link late-night calories to the potential for weight gain.
One study found that eating right before turning in can make your snooze time more restless, and that sets you up for fatigue and bingeing the next day.
Many think to achieve weight loss, one must not snack, especially after dinner. When late-night cravings attack, it can be hard to stay out of the kitchen.
Although late-night snacking can contribute to weight gain, filling that bedtime hunger pang can still take place while keeping your goals in mind – it may even result in better sleep. Here are the 8 best bedtime snacks for weight loss checkout.
1. Two Slices Of White-Meat Turkey
2. An Apple With A Spoonful Of Peanut Butter
3. Nonfat Chocolate Pudding Cup
4. String Cheese
5. A Bowl Of Cereal
All that sugar might leave you too wired to sleep. We’re talking about the whole-grain, complex carb kind (think oatmeal or corn or bran flakes) that’s easy to digest and gives you 200 calories or less per bowl. Pour in a little milk for extra tryptophan and protein.
6. Nonfat Greek Yogurt
For about 100 to 150 calories, you get the relaxing powers of tryptophan from the dairy, as well as satisfying protein. Plus, yogurt can help calm your stomach, so you’re less likely to wake up with heartburn or indigestion and instead can score a good night’s rest.
7. BABY Carrots
8. A Banana
Not only are bananas loaded with satiating fiber and relaxing tryptophan, but they’re the perfect late-night nosh if you’ve already cleaned up your kitchen. You won’t leave behind any dishes or utensils to wash.
You May Also Like:
- Whole Body Vibration: A Genuine Therapy Or Just Another ‘Weight Loss’ Fad?
- Can Drinking Coffee Help You Lose Weight?
- Perfect Diet: Eat Less Of Everything To Lose Weight
- 20 Low- Carb Snacks To Help You Lose Weight
- Top 10 Scientifically Proven Tips To Lose Weight Faster
- 5 Easy Ways To Evaluate A Diet To Know Whether It Will Help You Lose Weight Or Not