Published on June 6th, 2017
What does dating mean? Possibly, the most difficult mystery to ever befall the earth. “Dating” is what happens before you’re boyfriend and girlfriend. Does everyone have their own unique definition of the word? Yes, the term “Dating” has many a definition:
1. Dating means doing activities together WITHOUT sex.
2. It’s hanging out in a “boyfriend/girlfriend type of manner.
3. It means you are in a relationship.
4. It could be exclusive… it could also not be exclusive.
5. It’s hanging out consistently.
6. It involves any sort of hanging out, PLUS sex.
7. It’s the “getting to know you” period.
8. It’s one step before a relationship.
9. The act of going on dates.
10. It’s the act of going on lots of dates with one person.
11. I like you and only you, and we are together.
12. This means nothing, but we are having sex on a somewhat regular basis.
13. I’m not ready for anything even remotely serious, so I’m going to keep us at this mystery level probably until one of us dies.
14. You buy me dinner when we go out. I think that’s dating.
There are various degrees of “dating”. This is normally used to say that the two people are meeting up to do any activity but there is a stage of gauging to see if there is romantic mutual romantic interest.