If you recognize ahead of time, though, what those relationship problems might be, you’ll have a much better chance of getting past them. All relationship problems stem from poor communication.
These 40 simple advice that can save a relationship. Take a look.
1. Admit when you’re wrong, shut up when you’re right.
2. There are two boxes in every relationship: hope and expectation.
3. You are not in a movie, you are a real person — don’t expect other people to treat you like you’re always the star.
4. Have separate checking accounts!
5. Don’t marry someone you don’t want your children to be.
6. Once someone told me: ‘Put your finger in your partner’s nose. If it disgusts you, it means you’re not in love.
7. Keep the fights clean and the sex dirty.
8. Love is like a fart. If you have to force it, it’s probably crap.
9. If your boyfriend is always making you cry, you have to ask yourself: Is he your boyfriend or is he an onion?
10. Remember, your spouse will still be there after your kids are gone.
11. Always kiss after an argument.
12. Always sleep in the same bed, no matter how angry.
13. Remember that the way you want to be loved is not always the same way that your partner does.
14. If you feel lonely, you’re better off being alone.
15. You can gauge a person’s love for you by how they treat you when they are upset with you.
16. Love is a verb, not a noun.
17. Just because you love each other does not mean that you’re good together long-term.
18. No relationship is perfect and there will be conflict. What matters is the desire to solve the problem.
19. Don’t look for a girl you want to treat like a princess, look for a girl you want to treat like a partner.
20. There are a number of people you can be compatible with. No one is perfect. You have to work at love.
21. You’re not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.
22. Marry the one who gives you the same feeling you get when you see food coming at a restaurant.
23. The grass is not greener on the other side, it’s greener where you water it.
24. Stop trying to find the right person and start trying to BE the right person.
25. Don’t fall in love with your waitress, hooker, or therapist.
26. Always be the first to genuinely apologize after a fight.
27. You can’t expect someone to love you when you can’t love yourself.
28. Just because you liked the friend-version of someone doesn’t mean you’ll like the relationship-version of them.
29. When you and your SO are arguing, remember—it’s you and them VS the problem. Not you VS them.
30. Don’t fall in love with someone’s potential.
31. You can’t expect someone to love you when you can’t love yourself.
32. Before you move in with your partner, go on a road trip with them.
33. When you and your SO are arguing, remember—it’s you and them VS the problem. Not you VS them.
34. Just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.
35. Don’t fall in love with someone’s potential.
36. It takes two happy individuals to make a happy relationship.
37. If the world didn’t give each other second chances, we would all be single.
38. Everyone is searching for the perfect person, but no one is trying to be the perfect person.
39. Just because a person is right or perfect for you, you may not be the right one for them.
40. Out of all the things needed for a successful relationship, love barely makes the top
Source: thoughtcatalog.com, buzzfeed.com