Published on June 10th, 2019
It is neither a bikini, nor a towel. It is simply a swimsuit and towel hybrid. This new bikini towel has been created by Aria McManus.
The New York-based artist, who is also the cofounder of the creative collective Auto Body, has created this new amazing fashion item, that might be your new summer wardrobe essential.
Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Towelkini:
1. Aria McManus, an artist in New York City and the cofounder of the creative collective Auto Body, created the multi-tasking Towelkini. She initially made the Towelkini for a private Miami art show back in 2014.
2. While wearing a bathing suit and carrying a separate towel to the beach or the pool might not seem like that much of a hassle to most people, the Towelkini offers further options. It can be worn while lying down on your back or your belly to sunbathe. It can be transformed into a cover-up.
3. The Towelkini also doubles as a summer frock that can easily be dressed up or down depending on what you wear it with.
4. The Towelkini is worn over a suit and covers the stomach and part of the back. However, it conveniently leaves the back free for tanning.
5. The product currently retails for $199 and is only sold as an artist edition at Special Special