Updated on January 15th, 2019
Lemon, the most popular and versatile citrus fruit with refreshing flavor is used for flavoring has a large number of medicinal properties. No wonder doctors and nutritionists encourage people to drink lemon water or use it in their green juices.
Rich in vitamin C, it neutralizes free radicals in our body, the common source of diseases and terminal illnesses. In addition, lemon has antibacterial, antiviral, and immune boosting properties.
Lemon juice is a detoxifying agent and helps in cleansing liver leading to better digestion.
Lemon juice is known to reduce weight by increasing the body’s metabolic rate. There are numerous other health benefits of drinking warm lemon water every morning on an empty stomach. It can produce amazing results.
In a nutshell, lemon juice protects your body from immune deficiencies, helps maintain PH balance in your body, helps fight infection, digestive ailments, common cold, acne, wrinkles, rashes, and dark spots, in addition to several other benefits.
Lemon juice when used with warm water in an empty stomach helps you lose your weight, flushes out toxins by cleansing liver, fights respiratory tract infections, keeps the body hydrated, provides the electrolytes to the body, reduces joint and muscle pain, maintains dental health and helps with digestion and bowel movement.
1. This little yellow fruit is rich in potassium which is considered brain food.
2. Potassium found in lemon is vital for the function of our heart, it does not treat any ailment but it helps in preventing heart related illnesses like high blood pressure, high cholesterol and irregular heartbeat.
3. This combo is great as a home remedy for constipation. Water helps lubricate the digestive system and soften stool. Citric acid found in lemon induces bowel movement that will flush out undigested waste from the colon.
4. A cup of warm water before any meal in the morning will help break down waste and flush out to toxins from the gut. That’s because at a molecular level, lemon is similar to your saliva that encourages the liver to produce bile – a fluid needed by our intestines to dispose waste and toxins.
5. Improves for eyesight, being rich in vitamin C also has a positive effect on your eyesight as this will help prevent eye conditions like macular degeneration and cataract.
6. Lemons is rich in nutrients like bioflavonoids, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, citric acid, folate and pectin that boost our body’s immune system and immobilize free radicals – the cause of most ailments.
7. If drinking pure water is a chore for you consider adding a few slices of lemon in there to add a bit of flavor and sharpness to it. It’ll help hydrate your body and replenish lost vitamin and minerals you lose when you get stressed.
8. Per 100grams of lemon juice, you’ll get 77% of your daily vitamin C requirements which is known to neutralize free radicals in our body.
9. Parasites like worms thrive in an acidic environment by drinking something bitter like lemon mixed in water helps in flushing them out.
10. One thing that gets depleted when you’re stressed is vitamin C so the next time your stress levels go up, take a break and replenish that lost vitamin C with a cup of warm lemon water.
11. Its antioxidant properties help you get more radiant skin from the inside out by repairing damaged cells, flushing out toxins and killing free radicals that can ruin our skin.
12. Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
13. It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
14. It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of a heartburn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief.
15. It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
16. It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
17. It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
18. Lemons contain pectin fibre which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
19. It balances to maintain the pH levels in the body
20. It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
How We Beat The Heat In Summer
With summer comes the struggle to find the right thirst quencher as opting for aerated drinks can add unnecessary body weight. Do not worry, we have shortlisted seven healthy choices to chill with this summer…