September 27th, 2018 | Updated on March 5th, 2020
Scroll Down For The Video
Scientists found women who stick to the official nutrition guidelines have an 11 per cent lower chance of getting the disease.
Image Source: thedoctorweighsin
Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, carrots and yellow peppers all produced the strongest effects, researchers claimed. Orange and yellow vegetables as well as leafy cruciferous varieties from cabbage to cauliflowers were the most beneficial.
Harvard University researchers analysed data from 182,000 women over 37 years to make the conclusion. Researchers compared the risk of cancer between women who ate 5.5 servings of fruit and veg a day, compared to those who had less than 2.5. A serving is defined as one cup of raw leafy vegetables, half a cup of raw or cooked vegetables, or half a cup of chopped or cooked fruits.
“This research provides the most complete picture of the importance of consuming high amounts of fruit and vegetables for breast cancer prevention,” the study claims.
What Are The Symptoms Of Breast Cancer?
Image Source: andersonsobelcosmetic
One in eight women develops the disease during their lifetime. The illness can cause a number of symptoms, but the first noticeable symptom is usually a lump or area of thickened breast tissue.
Most breast lumps aren’t cancerous, but it’s always best to have them checked by your doctor. You must see a Doctor if you notice any of the following:
- A change in the size or shape of one or both breasts
- Discharge from either of your nipples, which may be streaked with blood
- A lump or swelling in either of your armpits
- Dimpling on the skin of your breasts
- A rash on or around your nipple
- A change in the appearance of your nipple, such as becoming sunken into your breast
- Breast pain isn’t usually a symptom of breast cancer.
Watch The Video
6 Early Signs And Symptoms Of Breast Cancer That Most Women Miss
These Are The Signs That Led Nine Women To A Doctor, And Ultimately A Diagnosis.
- The 6 Cancer Fighting Superfoods You Should Eat Every Day
- After Watching Mum Battle The Disease, This Teenager Designed A Bra That Could Save Million From Breast Cancer
- OMG! It’s Confirmed, Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Causes Cancer
- What Is PSA Test? How Can It Help To Detect Prostate Cancer?
- 5 Regular Substances Around Us That Can Cause Cancer
- Schoolgirl Amputee Who Lost Her Leg Due To Rare Bone Cancer, Makes An Unbelievable Recovery
Health Disclaimer :
Information provided by Newszii.com does in no way substitute for qualified medical opinion. Any text, videos or any other material provided by us should be considered as generic information only. Any health related information may vary from person to person, hence we advice you to consult specialists for more information.