February 17th, 2021 | Updated on July 10th, 2023
Do you know some of the apples you can buy in a grocery store are over a year old? How many of you knew that carrots were originally purple? Here are 25 mind-blowing facts that will give you ample food for thought.
1. Try to breathe and swallow at the same time. You can’t.
2. It’s also impossible to hum while holding your nose.
3. If you could fold a piece of paper in half 42 times, it would reach to the moon.
4. Coconuts kill more people than sharks every year. Same with cows.
5. “Umop apisdn” is “upside down” spelled upside down with different letters of the alphabet.
6. Cleopatra lived closer to the invention of the iPad than she did to the building of the Great Pyramid.
7. There are more trees on Earth than stars in the galaxy.
8. Some of the apples you can buy in a grocery store are over a year old.
9. Every Froot Loop tastes the same. The color doesn’t matter.
10. The toy Barbie’s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
11. Woody from Toy Story has a full name too — it’s Woody Pride.
12. And while we’re at it, Mr. Clean’s full name is Veritably Clean.
13. Oh, and Cookie Monster’s real name is Sid.
14. Carrots were originally purple.
15. Vending machines are twice as likely to kill you as a shark is.
16. The Lion King was released closer to the moon landing than to today.
17. The difference in time between when Tyrannosaurus Rex lived and Stegosaurus lived is greater than the difference in time between Tyrannosaurus Rex and now.
18. The lint that collects in the bottom of your pockets has a name — gnurr.
19. Oxford University is older than the Aztec empire.
20. Beethoven and George Washington were alive at the same time — in fact, George Washington was in his forties when Beethoven was born.
21. Pluto never made a full orbit around the sun from the time it was discovered to when it was declassified as a planet.
22. “Will Will Smith Smith?” and “Will Smith will smith” are sentences that make complete sense.
23. The pyramids were as old to the Romans as the Romans are to us.
24. If you dug a hole to the center of the Earth and dropped a book down, it would take 42 minutes to reach the bottom.
25. There are 10 times more bacteria in your body than actual body cells.