You know that feeling you get in your gut when you’re just not sure your if current relationship is working out? It feels like a frenzy of mixed emotions—we’ve all been there. But sometimes a relationship has to end for you to find the person you’re truly meant to be with.
On Reddit, people have been sharing their telltale signs that a relationship is about to end. From dreading phone calls from a partner to feeling like sex is a chore, here are 25 potential signs you’ll soon be single.
1. You are allowed to want something they can’t offer, and they are allowed the same.
2. Some people are happy being loners, doesn’t mean they’re depressed.
3. Came in late at night, trying to shower off that taco smell.
4. Did you get a merit increase after your last annual review? If she isn’t even giving merit increases there is definitely a problem!
5. When you’re in a long distance relationship and all their texts are one-word responses.
6. When you aren’t on the same page with what you want out of the relationship.
7. Less talking despite obvious tension.
8. You hesitate to make future plans with them.
You May Also Like 20 Simply Superb Ways To Make Your Relationship Romantically Perfect
9. When spending time together feels like a chore, not a pleasant afternoon. Some time apart is normal and healthy. I’m specifically talking about a sense of dread that wasn’t present beforehand.
10. Your, it’s her, and you don’t want to answer.
11. You find yourself not bringing up that you have an SO so quickly into conversations with the opposite sex.
12. Joint Facebook accounts. We all know one.
13. Me too starts coming instead of I love you too.
14. When you look at him or her and think…s/he’s an asshole daily. Or you describe then to friends as an asshole. It’s time to go.
15. Sex becomes a chore.
16. When you’re spying on someone because you think they are cheating.
17. When making plans, you look forward most to those things you’ll do alone.
18. You resent each other. You don’t like being around each other. You feel more like roommates then a couple.
19. When you miss the memories more than your partner.
20. You get annoyed if a phone call from them interrupts you when doing something mundane.
21. When you are happier they aren’t around compared to how you feel when they are around.
You May Also Like 40 Simple Relationship Advice And Tips For Couples
22. You realize that your dreams will require some serious compromises to be able to go on I’ve been on both sides
23. The cops get involved in the relationship.
24. Just try to avoid any thoughts that seem… spidery
25. One of these is not like the other