Published on May 13th, 2019
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) marketing campaigns bring qualified traffic to your website. Achieving success using PPC advertising is simply a matter of optimizing your PPC campaigns efficiently and avoiding common PPC mistakes.
In this article, we are going to share with you all 10 tips to optimize your PPC campaigns:
- Advertise On Popular PPC Search Engines
- Study The Competition And Your Competitors
- Get Connected With Your Target Market
- Don’t Generalize
- Cross Check Before Making Live Your PPC Ads
- Incorporate A Bidding Strategy
- Don’t Bid For General Terms or Keywords
- Have A Keyword List
- Use Keyword Tools
- Tracking And Analysis
Online advertisers and business owners set up pay per click (PPC) campaigns with the hope that it will help generate more traffic, sales and revenue for their business.
This hope is achievable. It just takes commitment and extra effort to achieve this goal. If you want your PPC campaign to be successful, you have to work for it. But how? Here are 10 PPC marketing tips to help you get the traffic, sales and revenue you have always hoped for:
1. Advertise on popular PPC search engines. If you are aiming to get more traffic from your PPC ads, you must advertise on highly traffic search engines. The major search engines include Google, Yahoo, MSN, AOL and ASK.
2. Study the competition and your competitors. Spend some time researching about your competitors especially those who have been advertising via PPC for quite some time already. They have already passed the PPC challenges and are enjoying the PPC rewards now. You can learn a lot from them. Look at what keywords they use and their advertising techniques.
3. Get connected with your target market. It is best to know what your target market wants straight from them. You can talk to your potential customers and encourage them to talk about the features or benefits they are looking for. Their ideas will give you valuable information to start a PPC campaign successfully.
4. Don’t generalize. If you offer several products and services, create different ads and build different keyword list for each of them. The more targeted the PPC campaign is, the more desirable the result will be.
5. Make sure that before you make your PPC ads go live, your website is already fully running. Don’t start advertising your business when your website is still under construction. If you do, you will be paying for clicks that have no chance of conversion.
6. Incorporate a bidding strategy. Don’t bid too low, your ads may not be able to drive traffic to your business. On the other hand, don’t bid too high, you might be spending too much and may not get good return on investment.
7. Don’t bid for general terms or keywords. The competition for the general keywords will be too tough and it will require a higher bid. Instead, look for the most targeted keywords or keyword phrases and bid for them.
8. Have a keyword list. Don’t start a campaign with just one keyword and then expect the Pay Per Click campaign to work miracles for you. Build a list of all relevant keywords and key phrases that your target market is most likely to use.
9. Use keyword tools to help you arrive at the most targeted keywords for your PPC campaign.
10. Tracking and analysis are important in PPC campaigns. Track the performances of the ads and the keywords. Analyse the results and decide what to do afterwards. The results of the analysis will help you determine what course of action to take.