July 11th, 2020 | Updated on April 13th, 2021
Using Google Chrome extensions has many advantages. Unlike desktop apps, a Chrome Extension does not take enough space on your computer. Most of these extensions are free and very easy to use.
People who want to improve SEO strategy of their website turn to Chrome extensions. There are many extensions available which let you track performance and view different set of data of your websites.
Only problem is that Google Chrome has so many efficient SEO extensions that it becomes extremely tough for many people which one to choose and which ones to select.
Here, we have selected 25 Chrome extensions that can improve your SEO strategy.
Keywords Everywhere is a freemium chrome extension that shows you monthly search volume, CPC & competition data on 15+ websites.
Free users: Keywords Everywhere shows you “related” keywords as well as “people also search for” keywords in widgets on the right-hand side of Google & Bing. They also see the YouTube search insights widget, as well as the YouTube Tags widget.
Paid users: To see monthly search volume, CPC, competition & trend data, users need to purchase credits. 15+ websites that are supported are list on the homepage at https://keywordseverywhere.com.
MozBar gives you instant metrics while viewing any page or SERP.
- Create custom searches by engine, country, region, or city.
- Quickly assess the Page Authority and Domain Authority of any site or page.
- Access and compare link metrics across pages while viewing any SERP.
- Find and highlight keywords on a page and differentiate links by type: Followed, No-Followed, External, or Internal.
- Expose page elements, general attributes, markup, and HTTP status.
- Export your search engine results page (SERP) analysis details to a CSV file.
Tag Assistant helps to troubleshoot the installation of various Google tags including Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and more.
Tag Assistant helps you verify that you have installed various Google tags correctly on your page. Just navigate to any page and Tag Assistant will tell you which tags are present, report any errors we find, and suggest improvements that can be made to your implementation.
As well as flagging up redirects and errors, the plugin also displays other HTTP Headers (such as server types and caching headers) and the server IP Address at the click of a button.
This backlink checker from Majestic gives you a really fast way to see the strength of any page based on its backlink information. Because Majestic crawls the whole web, it does not have to rely on a third party for the data. You can immediately see the Trust Flow™, Citation Flow™, and Visibility Flow score for any web page directly on the URL bar and you can see summary information about the number of domains and URLs linking to this page.
It shows real-time Google PageSpeed Insights score for Desktop, Mobile, and Mobile friendly.
REAL-TIME API CALL- The extension makes a call to GoogleApis with Version 2 to get the summary of scores
- DESKTOP –Represents desktop Score from Google PageSpeed Insights
- MOBILE- Represents mobile Score from Google PageSpeed Insights
- MOBILE FRIENDLY- Represents Mobile Friendly Score from Google PageSpeed Insights [Scores is deprecated from Google Friendly tool ,but the API supports score]
- IMAGE FLIPS –Represents the actual image summary w.r.t to the scores ,the small icons (desktop, mobile and mobile friendly ) depicts the actual representation of Google PageSpeed Insights
- COLOR INDICATOR- Green-Indicates Good,Yellow-Inidcates Fair and Red indicates Poor
- NEED MORE-Hyperlink which navigates to the Google PageSpeed Insights site with selected site
- FAV ICON-Show the Fav icon of site [Uses Googles Favicon link to get Fav Link
Table Capture gives you the ability to easily capture HTML tables for use in a spreadsheet, whether using Microsoft Excel, Office 365, Open Office, Google Sheets, etc.
- Copy tables to the clipboard with the necessary column & row separators (tab and newline respectively)
- Batch table operations: Copy multiple tables to the clipboard simultaneously.
- Easily create a Google Doc from an HTML table
- Capture tables that load as you scroll and multi-page tables with the Workshop
- Capture div-based tables (or any repeating items in a website) by selecting text and launching the Table Capture Workshop
SEO META in 1 CLICK is a tool that displays all meta tags/data and main seo information clearly. By using this tool, you can better manage and improve your SEO and visibility on Internet.
It focuses on displaying:
- title and its length,
- description and its length,
- URL (and meta-canonical url too),
- displaying headers in order of their appearance in HTML (H1, H2, H3, H4, H5 and H6),
- number of images with and without ALT,
- the number of links (internal, unique, …)
- Open Graph and twitter social data
- Robots.txt and sitemap.xml
Evernote Web Clipper helps you save interesting things you find on the Web into your Evernote account. With Evernote Web Clipper, CLIP any webpage, HIGHLIGHT what matters most, ANNOTATE, take SCREENSHOTS, and have access to that information whenever and wherever you need it.
10. Check My Links
Check My Links is a link checker that crawls through your webpage and looks for broken links. This extension has been developed primarily for web designers, developers and content editors. It quickly finds all the links on a web page, and checks each one for you. It highlights which ones are valid and which ones are broken, simple as that.
You can copy all bad links to your clipboard with one click!
Meta data is not just the usual HTML meta tags, but the XFN tags, various microformats, the recently introduced canonical attribute, the no-follow links and so on.
This extension is mainly aimed at web developers that need to verify the HTML of their site to follow the Webmasters’ Google Guidelines, but even to who is curious about any page contents that are usually not visible, but can reveal interesting site properties.
Scraper is a very simple (but limited) data mining extension for facilitating online research when you need to get data into spreadsheet form quickly. It is intended as an easy-to-use tool for intermediate to advanced users who are comfortable with XPath.
Outline nofollow links, detect nofollow and noindex meta tags on webpages. Features website filtering and custom CSS outline styles.
- supports NOFOLLOW, UGC, and SPONSORED attribute values
- supports search engine specific robot meta tags
- disable or enable extension for defined websites
14. Copy All Urls
Copy tabs URL to clipboard (formats : text, HTML, JSON or custom). Paste to open multiple URLs at one go.
Two features :
Copy all opened tabs URL into clipboard. 4 formats available: Text, HTML, JSON, and custom format.
Paste to open all URLs in the clipboard into new tabs.
LastPass, an award-winning password manager, saves your passwords and gives you secure access from every computer and mobile device.
Only remember one password – your LastPass master password. Save all your usernames and passwords to LastPass, and it will auto-login to your sites and sync your passwords everywhere you need them.
LinkMiner takes broken link checking to the next level. You can now find out more about the links you’re checking so you can make smarter decisions, quicker. Get link & social data on any link on a page, be able to export all links from a page, and even display link data next to each link on the page.
SEOquake is a free plugin that provides you with key SEO metrics, along with other useful tools such as SEO Audit and many others. SEOquake allows you to:
- Review all major metrics in a heartbeat
- Get a thorough analysis of SERPs and export the results in CSV format
- Estimate keyword difficulty instantly
- Set parameters for a search query
- Run a complete SEO audit of a webpage, including a check for mobile compatibility
This extension is a hyper version of Google Analytics URL Builder and tag URL’s to be tracked in Google Analytics Campaign reports. With this tool you can add UTM parameters to fully track your campaigns performance in Google Analytics:
List of features:
- Read current web address automatically
- Unlimited presets of tags for fast tagging
- Force Lowercase (on/off toggle)
- Bit.ly shortening support
With Hunter for Chrome, you can immediately find who to contact when you visit a website. Along with the email addresses, you can get the names, job titles, social networks and phone numbers. All the data has public sources detailed in the search results.
The BuiltWith Chrome Extension lets you find out what a website is built with by a simple click on the builtwith icon! BuiltWith is a web site profiler tool. Upon looking up a page, BuiltWith returns all the technologies it can find on the page.
Do you want to know how to get more YouTube views, or discover the secrets to success behind your favorite YouTube channels and videos? vidIQ Vision for Chrome is a suite of powerful tools that every creator needs access to if they want to build their audience on YouTube.
The Pinterest Save button lets you save any idea you find around the web so you can easily get back to it later. Just click to save dinner recipes, style inspiration, home projects, and other ideas you want to try.
It also has built-in visual discovery technology—hover over any image and clicks the visual search tool to instantly discover visually similar ideas on Pinterest.
Social Fixer for Facebook lets you filter your news feed, hide things you don’t want to see, and customize your FB experience. Built-in Filter Subscriptions let you just pick a filter and use it without knowing how it works.
Pre-defined filters include hiding Sponsored Posts, Political posts, things your friends like, and much more.
24. GIPHY For Chrome
Bring the power of a GIF search engine anywhere on the web. Search and discover the best GIPHY GIFs and Stickers right in your browser to quickly and easily respond to emails, tweets, and more! Using the GIPHY extension is fast and simple. Just search, drag, and drop or right-click!
The easiest way to share & bookmark great content from anywhere on the web with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & 200+ other services.
Share links from within the browser, from any webpage, with anyone, using the same services you already know and love like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Gmail, LinkedIn, Evernote, and more from one simple all-in-one browser extension.