March 21st, 2018 | Updated on May 29th, 2018
Sometimes relationships can seem like a lot of work until you sit back and realize just how much you’ve been given. Although there is still a lot of sexism in our society today, the dynamics between men and women in relationships together has changed for the better. They require a remarkable amount of focus and heaps of effort.
Some relationships do work out better than others and are more easily maintained. Nonetheless, there is no relationship between two human beings that does not require these 21 practices to weather the storm that is life.
1. Always Listen First We talk too much and listen too little, too often.
2. Always Make Positive Things Into Competitions Relationships should motivate both people to be the best versions of themselves.
3. Be Rational And Logical Use your partner to his or her greatest benefit.
4. Understand Your Emotions Before You Act On Them. Only make decisions when reflecting on emotions.
5. Get To Know Your Partner Deeply This is one phenomenon I have yet been able to concisely put into words.
6. Cut Poor Relationships Early On It may sound counterintuitive, but the fact is, you can’t make every relationship work.
7. Demand Your Own Alone Time We all need to spend time alone, whether or not we know it.
8. Respect Your Partner’s Personal Time It’s sometimes easier for us to demand our own personal time than to grant it to the person we love.
9. Understand That To Grow Together Requires Simultaneously Growing Separately People are silly.
10. Promise Exclusivity I’m sure polygamy or open relationships of sorts may work for some people, but generally speaking, they are a bad idea.
11. Don’t Cheat Cheating is a result of laziness. You’re obviously not doing enough within your relationship to keep it exciting.
12. Love ‘Em Or Leave ‘Em If you don’t love your partner, you are wasting both your time and his or her time.
13. Let Your Partner Know How You Feel Don’t just tell him or her; show your partner that you love him or her, that you care.
14. Always Go That Extra Mile Why? Because your partner deserves it.
15. Always Keep Your Partner In Mind Your partner isn’t all of you, but he or she is a part of you, an extension.
16. Don’t Reprimand Yourself For Looking If you don’t touch, no harm done.
17. Be Respectful A person is not a thing.
18. Never Put Your Partner Down You shouldn’t push anyone down just to make yourself feel a bit taller, especially not your life partner.
19. Live Life, In Part, Through Your Partner Your happiness should be your happiness.
20. Always Look Your Best For whatever reasoning as possible.
21. Keep The Sex Hot. Sex should never be boring.
The best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.