The FireStick by Amazon is one of the most popular plug-and-play devices that can convert any television with an HDMI port into a Smart TV. The Amazon FireStick is a compact device shaped like a USB drive that allows users to stream content from their favorite applications like YouTube, HBO, Pandora, and Hulu directly on the television over WiFi.
The Amazon FireStick is also easy to operate with a very friendly interface. Moreover, there is a remote with support for the Amazon Alexa virtual assistant, which makes it easier to control the various functions of the FireStick and also to access the internet.
Even though the Amazon FireStick supports almost all major streaming applications, the Kodi Player application is the most famous app for the Amazon FireStick. The Kodi for Amazon FireStick is an application that works both as a media player that can access and play content across all connected devices and also allow users to access copyrighted content on the internet for free.
If you are planning to install the Kodi media player on your Amazon FireStick, then it is highly recommended to install VPN on FireStick. This is because as your Amazon FireStick is connected to the internet, your ISP or local government can track your internet activity and if you access copyrighted material, you might get caught and will have to face legal actions.
If you install VPN on FireStick, your location will be masked making it safe to use the Kodi app. If you are in search of a detailed guide on how to install VPN on FireStick and run the Kodi app, then today we bring you a detailed step-by-step guide on the same.
How to Install VPN on FireStick and Run Kodi Player?
We have separated this guide into two parts to make it easier for you to follow the steps.
Part 1: Install VPN on FireStick
- Power ON your Amazon FireStick.
- Navigate to search icon on the extreme left of Fire Stick home screen.
- Now search for a VPN application. If you wish to download a specific VPN app for FireStick, you can search using the app name. Otherwise, simply type “VPN” and press Enter to find a list of all VPN apps available for Amazon FireStick.
- After you find your desired VPN app, click on the “Get” button to the app.
- Wait for the app to get installed on your FireStick.
- Launch the app.
- If you are using the VPN app for the first time, sign up for an account. Else log in to your VPN account.
- Click on the “Connect” button to activate the VPN on your FireStick.
- Whenever you feel to stop using the VPN, click on the “Disconnect” button and the VPN will stop working.
Part 2: Install Kodi on FireStick
- Launch the “Settings” app.
- Click on “System”, and then click on “Developer Options”.
- Enable the feature titled “Apps from unknown sources”.
- Launch the “Apps” application.
- Find, download and install an application named “Downloader”.
- Launch the “Downloader” app.
- In the space provided, type the URL “http://kodi.tv/download” and then press the “Go” button.
- You will now be shown several download buttons for the Kodi media player.
- Click and download the ARM 32-bit version of the app.
- After downloading, a pop-up box will appear. Click on the “Install” option within the box.
- Now in the black screen that appears, select the option that says “All” and then click on the “Install” button.
- Wait for the Kodi Media Player app to get installed on your FireStick.
- Go back to your FireStick home screen and launch the Kodi app.
We hope that the above guide on how to install VPN on FireStick and run Kodi player was helpful and easy to follow. In case you have any doubts regarding either the Kodi app or the procedures mentioned above, do leave a comment below and we will help you out.