Many people believe that long distance relationships are never going to work out. Your family may discourage it, and some of your best friends may advise you not to take it too seriously, in case you get your heart broken. Nobody says it is going to be easy.
Long-distance relationship may be tough but it has its own surprises too. To keep your love alive and strong, here are the 39 tips to make your long distance relationship work:
1. Avoid excessive communication.
2. Set some ground rules to manage your expectations.
3. Try to communicate regularly, and creatively.
4. Talk dirty to each other.
5. Avoid “dangerous” situations.
6. Do things together.
7. Do similar things.
8. Make visits to each other.
9. Have a goal in mind.
10. Enjoy your alone time and your time with your friends and family.
11. Stay honest with each other.
12. Know each other’s schedules.
13. Keep track of each other’s social media activities.
14. Gift a personal object for the other person to hold on to.
15. Stay positive.
16. Keep each other updated on each other’s friends and family.
17. Video-call whenever possible.
18. Give each other pet names.
19. Always Listen First We talk too much and listen too little, too often.
20. Always Make Positive Things Into Competitions Relationships should motivate both people to be the best versions of themselves.
21. Be Rational And Logical Use your partner to his or her greatest benefit.
22. Understand Your Emotions Before You Act On Them. Only make decisions when reflecting on emotions.
23. Get To Know Your Partner Deeply This is one phenomenon I have yet been able to concisely put into words.
24. Cut Poor Relationships Early On It may sound counterintuitive, but the fact is, you can’t make every relationship work.
25. Demand Your Own Alone Time We all need to spend time alone, whether or not we know it.
26. Respect Your Partner’s Personal Time It’s sometimes easier for us to demand our own personal time than to grant it to the person we love.
27. Understand That To Grow Together Requires Simultaneously Growing Separately People are silly.
28. Promise Exclusivity I’m sure polygamy or open relationships of sorts may work for some people, but generally speaking, they are a bad idea.
29. Don’t Cheat Cheating is a result of laziness. You’re obviously not doing enough within your relationship to keep it exciting.
30. Love ‘Em Or Leave ‘Em If you don’t love your partner, you are wasting both your time and his or her time.
31. Let Your Partner Know How You Feel Don’t just tell him or her; show your partner that you love him or her, that you care.
32. Always Go That Extra Mile Why? Because your partner deserves it.
33. Always Keep Your Partner In Mind Your partner isn’t all of you, but he or she is a part of you, an extension.
34. Don’t Reprimand Yourself For Looking If you don’t touch, no harm done.
35. Be Respectful A person is not a thing.
36. Never Put Your Partner Down You shouldn’t push anyone down just to make yourself feel a bit taller, especially not your life partner.
37. Live Life, In Part, Through Your Partner Your happiness should be your happiness.
38. Always Look Your Best For whatever reasoning as possible.
39. Keep The Sex Hot. Sex should never be boring.
The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.― C.G. Jung