June 26th, 2019 | Updated on April 11th, 2020
Online learning has been effective because it offers the chance to have great results for lower costs. Sometimes, it does not cost at all.
It is accessible to everyone; it provides comfort and flexibility; and you can learn whatever, from wherever you like. Here are 25 online courses websites for whatever you want to learn:
1. Open Culture Online Courses
It offers 1,300 free online courses from the world’s leading universities — Stanford, Yale, MIT, Harvard, Berkeley, Oxford and more. You can download these audio & video courses (often from iTunes, YouTube, or university web sites) straight to your computer or mp3 player. Over 45,000 hours of free audio & video lectures, await you now.
1250 Free Courses Which Include:
- Classics/Ancient World
- Computer Science
- Political Science
- Michel Foucault
- Sun Ra at UC Berkeley
- Richard Feynman
- Joseph Campbell
- Carl Sagan
- Margaret Atwood
- Jorge Luis Borges
- Leonard Bernstein
- Richard Dawkins
- Buckminster Fuller
- Walter Kaufmann on Existentialism
- Jacques Lacan
- Roland Barthes
- Nobel Lectures by Writers
- Toni Morrison
- Bertrand Russell
- Oxford Philosophy Lectures
2. Academic Earth
Academic Earth was launched on the premise that everyone deserves access to a world-class education. In 2009, it built the first collection of free online college courses from the world’s top universities.
It has something for everyone: whether you want to explore a new topic or advance in your current field, it brings the amazing world of academia to you for free.
Online College Courses Offered By It:
- Art History
- Film Studies
- Fine Arts
- Graphic Design
- Video Game Design
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Religious Studies
3. MIT Open Courseware
MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) is a web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content. OCW is open and available to the world and is a permanent MIT activity.
Through OCW, educators improve courses and curricula, making their schools more effective; students find additional resources to help them succeed; and independent learners enrich their lives and use the content to tackle some of our world’s most difficult challenges, including sustainable development, climate change, and cancer eradication.
4. Open Learning Initiative (OLI)
Carnegie Mellon University’s OLI provides dozens of college-level courses, and a platform that enables research and experimentation with any aspect of the learning experience.
OLI courses are designed with learning activities dispersed throughout the content. After a new idea or concept is introduced, you will have opportunities to apply what you have learned, receive immediate feedback, and test your understanding.
You can read more about how OLI courses are designed and what types of activities they include on its Course Features page.
5. Stanford Online Lagunita
Lagunita is Stanford’s instance of the open-source software release of the Open edX platform, which was developed by the joint Harvard/MIT non-profit organization, and which Stanford engineers have been collaborating on since April 2013.
Lagunita hosts many of the free, online courses that are taught by Stanford faculty and made available to lifelong learners around the world for self-enrichment. Lagunita also hosts a variety of professional education opportunities in conjunction with many of Stanford University’s schools and departments.
6. Harvard Extension School
At Harvard Extension School, free and open learning is hardly a new concept. In fact, the Extension School was founded with this mission in mind: to create an affordable way for any motivated student to take courses at Harvard.
It offers several free courses and nearly 800 for-credit courses at reasonable tuition rates.
Its offerings include:
- An undergraduate degree
- Graduate degrees
- Graduate certificates
- More than 900 online and on campus courses
Code.org is a nonprofit dedicated to expanding access to computer science in schools and increasing participation by women and underrepresented minorities.
It provides the leading curriculum for K-12 computer science in the largest school districts in the United States, and it also organizes the annual Hour of Code campaign which has engaged 15% of all students in the world.
Code.org is supported by generous donors including Amazon, Facebook, Google, the Infosys Foundation, Microsoft, and many more.
Alison offers over 1000 free online courses across nine distinct categories. The types of courses across the categories include:
Certificate Courses: Alison’s Certificate courses will help you focus your learning on distinct topics, to provide you with specific expertise in your field or industry. By concentrating your energy on singular concepts, the niche skills you gain could set you apart from the rest.
Diploma Courses: With the help of its intensive and comprehensive Diploma courses, you will gain valuable skills and training on key topics, all under one roof. Diploma courses are specifically designed to give you a more extensive and thorough understanding of a subject area, by helping you master multiple concepts within a subject.
Learning Paths: Alison Learning Paths are a combination of niche courses that have been specially designed to help you.
- English Course — Information in the Present (Elementary Level)
- Introduction to Service Quality for Service Industries — Revised 2018
- Organizational Change — Managing and Supporting Employees
- Introduction to Contracts in Law
- Touch Tying Training — Revised
- Writing for Young Readers
- Fundamentals of Using Six Sigma in Supply Chains — Revised 2018
Most Recent Courses
- Diploma in Firestore Development
- Ultimate Time Management – Unique Time Management Strategies
- Dealing with Difficult People in Life & Work
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 – Learn SharePoint Basics
- Modern Business Writing
- Media Studies – Print and Publishing Media – Revised
9. UC Berkeley Extension
Its online courses and certificates give you the flexibility to complete your coursework when and where to fit your schedule. Course material is always accessible online 24/7—be it videos, animated material, podcasts or reading materials.
Online Certificates and Programs
The following certificates can be completed fully online:
- Advanced Biosciences Program
- Business Analysis
- Business Administration
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist Preparatory Program
- Clinical Research Conduct and Management
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Health Advocacy
- Health Informatics
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Metrics and ROI
- Paralegal Studies
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program in Writing
- Post-Baccalaureate Program for Counseling and Psychology Professions
- Project Management
- Professional Writing
- Semiconductor IC Design
- Semiconductor Technology Fundamentals
- Software Development and Programming
With assessments, learning paths and courses authored by industry experts, its platform helps businesses and individuals benchmark expertise across roles, speed up release cycles and build reliable, secure products.
HackDesign have enlisted the world’s top designers to craft lessons for learning the tools, techniques & terminology of good design. It has curated a list of the best design tools to help you figure out which ones to learn, and discover new and helpful tools you may have never heard of.
12. HTML Tutorials
TED believes passionately that ideas have the power to change attitudes, lives, and ultimately, the world. This underlying philosophy is the driving force behind all of TED’s endeavors, including the TED Conferences, TEDx, TED Books, the TED Fellows Program, and the TED Open Translation Project.
TED-Ed is TED’s youth and education initiative. TED-Ed’s mission is to spark and celebrate the ideas of teachers and students around the world.
TED-Ed Animations are TED’s signature content: short, award-winning animated videos about ideas that spark the curiosity of learners everywhere. Every TED-Ed Animation represents a creative collaboration between experts.
Choose what you’d like to learn from Lynda’s extensive subscription library. Learn business, creative, education and tech skills taught by expert instructors. Start streaming thousands of online video tutorials today.
Memrise is a language learning app that is the opposite of textbook learning: it’s enjoyable and effective. Founded in 2010, Memrise has quickly grown and now more than 40 million people in 189 countries learn languages with us to better themselves, connect with others and with the world around them.
16. Microsoft Learn
The skills required to advance your career and earn your spot at the top do not come easily. Now there’s a more rewarding approach to hands-on learning that helps you achieve your goals faster. Earn points, levels, and achieve more!
17. Future Learn
Unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year.
Get access to high-quality learning wherever you are, with online courses, programs and degrees created by leading universities, business schools and specialist organisations.
18. Envato Tuts+
Envato Tuts+ helps you learn creative skills and shape the life you want. Envato Tuts+ have a fun, flexible, and supportive work culture at Envato Tuts+. Its eclectic team is made up of tech-savvy, freelance creatives who share a love for teaching and live in dozens of locations all around the world.
- Adobe After Effects for Beginners
- Creative Magazine Layout Design
- From the Top: Adobe Photoshop for Beginners
- From the Top: Adobe InDesign for Beginners
- Get Started With Vue
- From the Top: Adobe Illustrator for Beginners
- Introduction to Video Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Coding Blocks for WordPress Gutenberg
You Can Use This Website To:
- browse the subject categories to discover articles, watch videos and interact with features and games created by our academic experts and guest contributors
- explore new topics to build your personal knowledge or look for reference material for a course you are already studying
- join the debates – hit the Comments area on all our pages to make your voice heard, rate how we’re doing and share with your friends
- find out What’s On TV and radio – great Open University programmes on the BBC
- take one of its free courses
- earn a digital badge or statement of participation as evidence of your learning
Its Badged OpenLearn Courses
- Taking your first steps into higher education
- Succeed with learning
- Succeed in the workplace
- Succeed with maths – Part 1
- Succeed with maths – Part 2
- English: Skills for learning
- Facilitating learning in practice
- The Digital Scholar
Structured, online training programs in software development and design for career-minded adults with busy lives.
Be prepared for a rigorous, challenging program that requires consistency, discipline, and accountability. By the end of these tracks, you will have the skills to conquer your career, or your money back.
Give yourself an upgrade with our inspiring online courses and join a global community of learners.
Some Of The Courses Offered By It:
- Data Driven Marketing+ Buch
- Digital Marketing – Strategies & Channels
- Digital Marketing – Critical Suceess Factors
- Presentation Skills for Business
Learning with Duolingo is fun and addictive. Earn points for correct answers, race against the clock, and level up. Our bite-sized lessons are effective, and we have proof that it works.
- Duolingo lessons adapt to your learning style. Exercises are tailored to help you learn and review vocabulary effectively.
- Instantly see which answers you get correct. When you miss a challenge, it’ll quickly show you how to improve.
- Earn virtual coins, unlock new levels, and watch your fluency score rise as you master new words, phrases, and grammar.
23. Lesson Paths
Share your knowledge via Learning Playlists. You can weave together learning content from multiple sources into a path suitable for your learners.
- Create learning playlists from existing links, or create your own content and quizzes.
- Distribute learning playlists to your learners via the Internet.
- Have multiple contributors constantly improve your public playlists.
24. HubSpot Academy
Take your professional skills to the next level with free, online training from HubSpot Academy. From quick, practical courses to comprehensive certifications, learn everything you need to know about the most sought-after business skills.
- Contact Management
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Lead Generation
- Marketing Automation
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media
- Website Design
- Contact Management
- Inbound Sales
- Sales Enablement
- Contact Management
Coursera.org is a website that partners with universities and organizations around the world.
Most Popular Specialization & Courses:
- Deep Learning
- Self-Driving Cars
- Data Science
- Managing Innovation and Design Thinking
- Digital Marketing
- Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business
- Applied Data Science with Python